Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,252 Posts

It was decided in the 1800's that the average human temperature was 98.6. Today, not so much....which means that every place you go that takes your temperature before you can enter (ie: Dr's) office is gaming you.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Each illness can be very, very different for you and your reaction as compared to other people. Unless you have had every childhood and adult disease with fever as a symptom and you have never had a fever then there is always a first time to run a fever. One of the most constant symptoms of Covid-19 is a fever so it is just practical to take your temperature if you are feeling unwell. Take it when you are feeling well to get your baseline temperature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had step and mono and not ran a temp, kidney infections, sinus infections, on and on... My entire family is that way, kids to. It is rare anyone pops a fever. We have a lot of fibromyalgia and lupus in my family, I'm curious as to how many on here suffer from autoimmune issues.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The old standard of a temperature of 98.6 being average, is no longer true. Mine is also lower & I am sick if it is 99.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts