Anyone close to Atlanta GA... need to know

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by dragonfly1113, Jan 17, 2007.

1. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 Well-Known Member

Anyone here that lives in Atlanta or East of Atlanta, what is the forecast for tomorrow morning? The Weather Channel is calling for sleet and ice. My DH has a delivery that is for tomorrow morning. Sometimes the weather channel is wrong so I was wondering what your local forecast is calling for?
    Thanks, Susie

2. sidepasser

sidepasser Well-Known Member

I am 60 miles south of the Atlanta airport - my weather is just calling for rain, low temp is 33. High tomorrow is 47.

3. 1eaglescout

1eaglescout Active Member

I am north and west of Atlanta-about 30 minutes. The local weather is calling now for freezing rain and sleet starting at midnight and mostly for east of the city. Low here for 28-30.

4. dragonfly1113

Thank you so much for your replies. My DH will be 80 miles east of Atlanta so he will be having some nasty weather. Thanks again,
    Susie

5. sewsilly

sewsilly Well-Known Member

I am about 200 miles north and slightly east of Atlanta, and they are calling for nasty, ice and stuff by three am tomorrow. So, we've done the usual prep stuff.

If someone out there is missing their usual nasty weather, it seems to have come down here.... we'd be glad to send it back. ; )

6. chukashtamoa

chukashtamoa Well-Known Member

I am 65 miles up I85, it is supposed to turn into freezing rain and sleet after midnight

7. hillsidedigger

hillsidedigger Well-Known Member

I'm about 240 miles NE of Atlanta and can say this weather system could do about anything with some places in GA, SC and/or NC to get slammed, looks like more South than North.

8. doodles

doodles Well-Known Member

I live about 4o miles north east of Atlanta. We are bright on 85N. You can call me in the morning if you like or email me at pvs@indianshoals.com and I will let you know what is happening.What is he hauling? We are very near a truck stop or he could stop in at our place.
    Angie

9. doodles

doodles Well-Known Member

I forgot to give you my phone number:) 678-873-3017

10. dragonfly1113

He just got down there and is at his delivery spot. I dont know what he is hauling. He said the nearest truck stop from this delivery is 40 miles back from where he is. I forgot the town but he said 80 miles east of Atlanta. He told me that he could probably unload tonight and I tried to talk him into it and for him to go back to the truck stop but he wont. He said he will probably get a load out close by and would have to come back 40 miles. So he is sitting still. He better not drive in ice. I dont think he will. I was watching the weather channel tonight and they showed big trucks sliding into cars and trucks and overpasses. Risking his life or anyone elses is not worth a paycheck.
    Thanks doodles for the offer. He should be okay as long as he just stays put. His delivery time is early in the morning so when he gets up he will know where he stands. Thanks to everyone who posted.

11. sidepasser

sidepasser Well-Known Member

Wow - look at all the folks that are close by me!! (sorry thread hijack) just thought it was neat that there are so many homesteaders around GA!