Anyone bought from Plantrach on eBay?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Wannabee, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Wannabee

Wannabee Foggy Dew Farms

I posted this is the other section, but didn't get any responses. Has anyone ever bought from them before?? (Pretty cheap prices on blueberries, grapes, blackberries, strawberries, etc). Would you recommend buying from them????

2. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Did you mean, plantranch? If so, with 18000+ feedback at 99 percent positive, I'd say you can't go wrong!

3. 65284

65284 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, I made that mistake. I won an auction on 12-31-04 for some blueberry bushes. I asked for the delayed shipment option that was offered in the description of the item. I made the request on the same piece of paper that I used to send my address, in fact it was in the next paragraph after my addy. Well, yesterday I got a box from Plantranch containing 2 tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny bits of plant matter that I suppose represents the bushes I bought. I emailed them to complain, the ground is frozen hard now, he did reply, said "just plant them in a bucket or something and keep it in an unheated garage or shed or something". Never again for me!

4. 65284

65284 Well-Known Member Supporter

The info sheet enclosed with the plants states "if you leave a negative (feedback) you waive all rights to your warrranty". Hows that for a creative way to ward off any negatives?

5. Wannabee

Wannabee Foggy Dew Farms

I know they have a high feedback rating, but sometimes the prices seem too good to be true. Thanks for your responses. I hope a few others will comment before I make any big purchases - to plantranch or anybody else....so...are you going to plant them ina bucket? Will that work??

6. Plantranch

Plantranch New Member

Hi
    I am the owner ( Darin) from Plantranch, If for any reason you have a problem pls call me, I will replace those blue berry bush when your weather is better, we have nice branching plants & sorry you may have got something less than good. We are a small mom & pop company & take pride in what we ship & sell. Our feedback is good for one reason, that we sell good nursery stock.
    Please call me so I can fix the problem for you, we are only human & mistakes will happen now & then ...

800-270-8287

Darin @ plantranch

7. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

Thanks Darin
    I love integrity.
    Never purchased from you but may in the future. Do you have a catalog indexed for zones? I need zone4 info.
    I normally purchase from Stark Brothers & would recommend them to anyone, if you don't carry what they need.

8. Dixielee

Dixielee Well-Known Member

We have been very lucky with healthy grapes, fruit trees and berry bushes we bought at Lowes. They are much larger than those you get from catalogs. If there is a problem it is easy to just return to your local store and not pay shipping. We have some trees we got at Lowes 2 years ago that have already doubled their size. We have some trees we got from catalogs 6 years ago, that are still barely head tall. I will never buy from a catalog again. We have had catalog companies give us substitutions we did not want, and expected us to pay shipping to return them. We have received dead or mostly dead sticks as well. NOPE, will always buy from a place where I can actually see the plant I am purchasing.

9. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I have bought many trees from Stark Bros. all within a one or two year time span over 12 years ago. They just aren't growing. Meanwhile, the ones I bought at Big Lots and the local hardware stores since then have grown and been bearing fro several years....they are all dwarf/semi-dwarf. Stark Bros. will never get my money unless it is for something I cannot find anywhere...like the two PawPaw trees I had to buy from a shipping company. I don't expect them to do much very soon.

10. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

I've never had a bad deal from StarkBro's, be it tree, bush, or vine.
    Had two chestnuts that died, but they have the 12mo "anything goes" replacement policy. A person can't realistically ask for more than that.
    Maybe their quality has gone down, maybe you were unlucky. I won't try to second guess you.
    I enjoy apples, plums, grapes, nectarines, cherries, & figs. All from StarkBro plants.
    Lex

11. Wannabee

Wannabee Foggy Dew Farms

Hi, I did end up ordering from Plantranch, and spent over $100.00. I bought blackberries, blueberries, grapes, and raspberries. I am VERY satisfied with shipping and with the plant size. I will certainly come back to this forum and post how well they do...i.e. will they live/die. But, I would have to say that so far I am pleased, and I will leave positive feedback on eBay.

Thanks!