Anyone Autobahnding?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fin29, May 12, 2004.

1. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

Autobahnding is when you and an acquaintance share the exact same vehicles. We just met someone with the same vehicles as us: a Volvo 740 with 200,000 miles, a 1976 Chevy 3/4 ton with a wood box, and a "recently-acquired-but-immediately-sold-cause-it-sucks" Saab 9000.
    What are the chances? Yet it seems much more common than you would think.
    Anyone else autobahnding?

2. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

Not that I know of...does anyone out there have a 1990 Chevy k2500 extend cab, long box and a 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada? And, I guess, to be technical- a 1997 Bison extra high, extra wide, heavy duty stock trailer?

Stacy in NY

3. ducktapehero

ducktapehero Active Member

I used to drive a 1987 Plymouth Horizon(Don't laugh). I was on the highway when a cute girl drove up next to me in the SAME DAMN car. Same color and everything. We flirted with each other at 70mph and decided to pull over at the next exit. We got out and talked and exchanged phone numbers. We dated a few times but nothing serious.

4. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

Autobahnding, not to be confused with autobondage where you tie you car up and whip it.

5. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

:haha: I was going to make that comment about Ducktapehero and his Horizon girlfriend, but the thought of it associated with that particular vehicle just didn't seem right to put to words.

6. ducktapehero

ducktapehero Active Member

There was no tying up involved. Ducktaping? Well that's another matter and best left unsaid. :haha:

7. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Never knew having the same vehicle as someone else had a name. I have a late model 4WD Chev 1/2-ton Z71 in pewter. I pass about a dozen identical trucks everyday....big deal!

8. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

It didn't have a name. I am almost certain I made it up. ;)
    It really is more remarkable when two people have multiple vehicles in common. You made it seem so boring, Cabin! :haha:

9. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

I drive a 67 chevy PU. Not too many left on the roads.

10. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Anybody with '80Plymouth Arrow PU with '72Volvo engine or a '80Volvo 265 with Dodge slant six engine? Ah to be unique. Alas I gave the Volvo to my last girlfriend many years ago. Kinda miss it, may eventually put together another one. Still have couple good Volvo bodies. This time a '75Volvo 164, slant six, and Toyota 5 speed tranny. Oh boy!

Alas soon enough due to really bad washed out driveway, I am putting '83 Ford 250 4wd back on road, replacing worn out super gas guzzling 460 with a 300 6cyl. Might actually be somebody out there with one of those. Just waiting on bellhousing to arrive and I have to track down couple good used 16inch tires.