Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started earlier this year and love it better than smoking. I can't stand the smell of smoking now. If you are what are you using? I just got an itaste MVP and this thing is amazing. ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1409779108.526249.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Homesteading Today

Reactions: RV & IDF

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, I've been vaping since last December. I haven't smoked a regular cigarette since. I enjoy it very much not to mention the savings in $. Mine is a slender battery with the cylinder for the wick and juice. The juice I use is 16mg of nicotine and is called "Cowboy" and the bottle lasts me two weeks or more. I know it's not as good as quitting all together but I do feel a lot better, breathe easier so it's a step in the right direction for me. I was a smoker for 50 years and never thought I could put them down so yeh, I'm very happy vaping.:banana:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I was a 34 year smoker and started using an e-cig in June of 2013. I got the hubs on 1 by July 2013. We love them. Even his dr is so happy that he finally quit smoking ciggies, because nothing else he tried ever worked. Also it only costs $30 - $40/mo now, and it was costing us $100/wk when we both smoked!

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
I have off and on for a few years. I didn't like te early ones.. I kept saying they needed to invent a tank, and they did and I'm back..

Haven't smoked since April I'm using VAMO 5's and loving them.. Ultra adjustable, and gives a lot of info about the battery and atty and such... I've got a couple Kanger tanks like yours.. it's all I use.. Tried a few and still like these the best..

Been mixing my own juice since I started back.. I'm down to 3mg/ml... I'm wondering if I'll give it up after I get to 0mg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I smoked for about 25 years and loved to smoke. I knew that I needed to quit but I enjoyed it. My cousin started an online business and one day I was at his house he said here try this instead of that nasty stinking thing and I've never looked back. I hate the smell of a cig now. I'm gonna try to get up with my aunt this weekend she is having trouble with hers. So she keeps going back to cigs.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
I've found that a lot of times, bad juice or certain flavors really mess them up... Heavy dark flavors can be the worst, but not always... I've not found a grape that won't clog up the works..

My favorites have become floral extracts. I find they don't burn very easily, and they produce a lot more vapor...

Those are reasons I got into mixing my own juices... I know what I'm getting for the most part, and I can afford to find what works and tastes the best.. It takes Vaping to a whole better level....

I don't end up with as many toasted and trashed attys because of bad juice..

OH, an I can control the fact I can get it down to 0 PG... I had a lot of dehydration and skin problems using PG not to mention irritated throat... nothing but VG now.. it also produces a much better vapor. Most places use flavoring that is PG based so you still get some PG even if you order VG.. most are 80%

I've also found that VG doesn't foul attys as much, nor does it leak and gurgle as bad..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been using tiger's blood. I can't smell it but everybody says it smells good. So that's what I stick with. I just saw the Kamry K1000 and really like the looks of that. I've also started dropping the nic. I'm glad to see it's helping others as well.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
We (DH and I) smoked for 30+ years and were able to quit with the help of ecigs...took us about 3 months, IIRC.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I tried the Ecigs a few years ago, when they first came out. All they did was make me want a cigarette.:catfight:
It sounds like they have come a long way, maybe?
Might be time to look into them again....

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
If you spend the money on good hardware, yep, it's come a real long way... a lot less fidgety, lot longer lasting batteries, and a lot more control over the heating of the juice...

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
OK, went to town yesterday, and found a Smoker Friendly store. Dropped just over 100.00 and got a quick 10 minute lesson on how this thing works.

Let the Battle begin!:duel:

Reactions: Pearl B

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:bouncy: Well what did you get? Good luck and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
It's called a VaporX XLT Classic..I also got a box with 4 extra wick things in it, and 5 bottles of the liquid stuff, all different flavors...
I started yesterday after I bought it, and will admit to smoking 2 cigs since, one this morning, and one late last night.
But that is WAAAAYYY better than normal!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my first one on a Sunday afternoon and when I got home I broke out the Jim Beam which is when I like to smoke a lot. Since I still had a few cigs I finished them off and started vaping and was very satisfied with. So as long as I keep a charged battery I don't even think about wanting a cig. At one point I had worked down to 3mg on the nicotine but was off running some errands and had to have something then had to up the nic so now I'm at 10mg now. I don't know if I will quit vaping once I'm off the nic but either way it's better than cigs. I've been wondering how this will work in the deer stand. Does anybody have any experience with hunting and vaping? Does it scare them away or attract them with all the fruity smells since they are a curious animal?

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
It's called a VaporX XLT Classic..I also got a box with 4 extra wick things in it, and 5 bottles of the liquid stuff, all different flavors...
I started yesterday after I bought it, and will admit to smoking 2 cigs since, one this morning, and one late last night.
But that is WAAAAYYY better than normal!
Don't worry one bit about smoking a few.. You'll eventually want to not have any. They will eventually start tasting and smelling bad if you keep it to a couple a day.. That's what I did, and after about a month of having a few a day, I got tired of them and stopped all together with real smokes..

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
I got my first one on a Sunday afternoon and when I got home I broke out the Jim Beam which is when I like to smoke a lot. Since I still had a few cigs I finished them off and started vaping and was very satisfied with. So as long as I keep a charged battery I don't even think about wanting a cig. At one point I had worked down to 3mg on the nicotine but was off running some errands and had to have something then had to up the nic so now I'm at 10mg now. I don't know if I will quit vaping once I'm off the nic but either way it's better than cigs. I've been wondering how this will work in the deer stand. Does anybody have any experience with hunting and vaping? Does it scare them away or attract them with all the fruity smells since they are a curious animal?
I sit on the front porch with my wife hitting my vamo pretty heavily while were talking in a normal voice watching the deer on the hill 30 yards or so away..

All this stuff about scaring off deer and no scents, and not smoking and peeing where you don't want them is a bunch of bull.. .They were even standing in 15 yards from my dog grazing while my dog just sat staring trying to figure out what the heck..

Reactions: MOSSYNUT

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
All this stuff about scaring off deer and no scents, and not smoking and peeing where you don't want them is a bunch of bull.. .
Yeah I got a buddy who smokes cigarettes in his deer stand, and still manages to shoot his limit every year.

Glad to hear so many folks are getting off the nasty smokes and going to a less harmful alternative.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
DH has been doing this long before it became a fad and he finally quit smoking real cigs about 6mo ago or a bit longer.
He's gone totally nuts with it, has a fancy metal thing for each day of the week, some for home use, others for work and then some of the kinds you posted OP, with the rectangle bottom. He had those rechargeable little look-a-like ecigs, but hated them and quickly switched to those giant ones. I call them pipe bombs...lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts