Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or have kids who took it? My kids have a chance to take it this year, and I was wondering if anybody has any experience in it.

Thanks,
Cindyc.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody has ever done the national latin exam here? Guys, if you have a college bound kid who is taking latin, the NLE looks REAAALLY good on a college resume when competing for scholarships! We haven't done it, and are trying to decide about doing it this year, or next year. But a friend has done it, and all three of her graduted seniors (from homeschool) got full tuition scholarships to the college of their choice. One of them is at Vanderbilt on full scholarship! That is not all they did/she did to get there, but it is one of the deal makers. If your kids are gonna work hard enough to take latin, you really should consider this test! For homeschoolers, it is also external validation of the validity of your latin program. Some colleges will discount a home foreign language program because there isn't a "knowlegable exert" there to confirm that "you are speaking correctly" even with a language like Latin which is full of pronuciation controversy!

BTW, if you are not doing latin, and you are doing some other language, you can often validate that course work to a college using the SAT subject tests. We are going to do that with Chinese, I think.

Cindyc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts