Anybody seen this/any good? Extreme Simplicity:Homesteading in the City

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Soni not logged, Nov 23, 2003.

1. j.r. guerra in s. tx.

j.r. guerra in s. tx. Well-Known Member

I've never seen this book - Christopher Nyerges is a familiar figure to me though. He is the new Editor of Wilderness Way magazine (a magazine specializing in Native American methods of living on the land), and has been a longtime primative survivalist instructor for quite a while. He is the type which can walk into the wilds with only the clothes on his back and thrive on native vegetation and animals products easily. Very similar to Tom Brown's approach to living WITH the earth, vs. viewing nature as something to be conquored.

I'm interested - will be looking for this book myself.

This is the homepage to his schools website:

http://www.self-reliance.net/

Hope this helps. :)

2. j.r. guerra in s. tx.

j.r. guerra in s. tx. Well-Known Member

3. The Funny Farm

The Funny Farm Active Member

It looks interesting so thought I'd give it a BUMP for ya!!

4. bre

bre Active Member

I recently read a review of it, I think it was in Natural Home magazine, I'm not at home right now but I'm pretty sure the review was positive. I'll check and let you know.
    Bre

5. DanTN

DanTN Guest

also am unfamiliar with the book, but Nyerges wrote several articles in backwoods home, and was almost a monthly contributer to American survival guide, when it was around. Liked every article I reads by him.