Anybody have experience with Game Boy Advance?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

My daughter has a Game Boy Advance and now she wants to trade pokemon with her friends. I've bought 2 different cables but can't seem to get it to work. Any one know how this is supposed to work?

Kennth :confused: in NC

2. mtmama

mtmama Well-Known Member

My DS and DD have done it, but they used a game link cable that was for the game boy colors and they each had a game boy color game in their game boy advances. DD says when you have the cable linked and each person has a pokemon game in, when the games are turned on, you each go to a pokemon center in the game. in red and yellow versions (the only ones we have of that set) There is a lady that is at a desk to the right of the nurse. She will tell you what you need to do next. In the Silver and Gold versions, you will need to go upstairs in the pokemon center to talk to a lady. I hope this helps alittle!

3. Kenneth in NC

mtmama I think I see her problem she's using her GBA cable and since she's trying to trade Silver to Gold (game boy color) they don't recognize the GBA cable. So I guess as soon as the ice melts it's off to get her a game boy color cable. Hope that works. :confused:

Thanks mtmama

Kenneth in NC

4. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

I have one sone who has a gameboy advance sp, my other son has a gameboy color. They are not compatible by linking (i was told at the store). I was told they both have to have a gameboy advance or sp and each have their OWN pokemon game to linkup. Don't know if this helps

5. Kenneth in NC

mtmama you were correct bought her the Color cable now she has 125 in her pokedex. :) she's happy so that worked out fine.

Kenneth in NC

6. mtmama

mtmama Well-Known Member

Kenneth in NC: sure am glad that it worked out! My children have a lot of fun trading their pokemon!