Anybody else us a peep site?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by alleyyooper, Oct 14, 2006.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

I stopped shooting my old TC hawkins due to my eye site going in the old age crapper. Then one day I was invited to shoot a friends old 94Win in 32 special that had a peep site.
    Yea now I am back to shooting my old hawkins and having a ball.
    Still have to use a BP sub since nobady carries it any more due to the fire regs.

[​IMG]

A fellow in England sent it to me when I was asking on a ML forum which brand to buy. This one is an old tang mounted TC model.

:D Al

2. Last year I bought a little 22 cricket for my daughters to hunt squirrels with and it has a peep site on it. My oldest daughter, age 12, can hit with it but nobody else can. I'm still trying to figure out how to aim it and just get on the paper somewhere's!

When growing up I had a close cousin who would go out and squirrel hunt with me and his 22 rifle had a peep sight on it. Back then he could shoot the squirrels eyes out with it but I couldn't never hit the side of a barn.

3. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I had a Peep on my Crossbow,Love it.But I put a Red Dot Scope on it.

I know if its not broke why fix it :shrug:

big rockpile

4. tuvold

tuvold Well-Known Member

Hey,

When I was in high school I shot with peeps and donut front sights in .22 competition. Accurate once you got the hang of it.

Many of the old timers used peep sights, full buckhorns and even barrel length tubes, to aim with. All sights used the same pricipal, the eye has a natural tendency to focus on the point of most light.

Telescopic sights were not unheard of either, on muzzleloaders. :cool:

My 2 coppers,

tuvold

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Let the front bead/blade center in the peep and it works very well. I screw out the apture during low light and use it that way (ghost ring).

:D Al

6. tallpaul

tallpaul Well-Known Member

I have that sight on my TC renegade- and love it. It is accurate ! It was part of the deal back many moon ago when ya bought a TC ML it was sent free :D I also use peeps on the HK 91 clone/PTR,Ar and several target rifles. I like a good peep sight. I want to get a few more for some other rifles too. I also may try one on a pistol- thy say they work well too.

7. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

Peeps are still good.
    Marbles makes them, Williams makes some too.
    They can be had from Numrich Arms, as well as www.wildwestguns.com
    I'm sure lotsa other place have them too, but these are products I've dealt with or shall in the future.

8. LindaVistaFarm

LindaVistaFarm Well-Known Member

I started shooting with peep sights in the Marines. I like them for out to 150 yards. I have one on my 45-70 Marlin lever gun. I hit what I aim with it and don't have to worry about a scope hitting me in the eye.

9. tuvold

tuvold Well-Known Member

Hey,

Another example, sorry couldn't find it the other day.

peepers

My 2 coppers,

tuvold