Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby just finished building me a frame loom for making rag rugs. Now I have finally begun taking apart some of the old denim jeans which I have been collecting for the last year. Just wondering, and since I don't sew at all, I thought I'd ask here- is there any use for old used zippers from denim jeans?

If so, I'll save them and try to pass them on. Otherwise, I'm going to toss them before I get another "collection of useless things" started, lol.

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
They work well in the little learning books for toddlers. The ones that include buttons and snaps and zippers. They require very little sewing and area pediatric hospitals would probably appreciate a few for the little patients. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Well, who would ever think of that. Way too picky-fussy a craft for me to take on, but good on whoever wants to do that. I was going to say toss the zippers in the charcoal grill to burn away the fabric and add the metal to the bucketful you're selling at the metal recycler. A farmer friend got $438 for what he cleaned out of the barn and fieldrow. No, he didn't sell any old machinery that the Mennonites around here would take for field use, just true scrap. Sue

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I'd better hang onto these old zippers for awhile yet- might be a cottage industry in the making! Thanks for posting, WIHH.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi WIHH:
That heart shaped pin is really neat. I never would have thought of using old zippers to make jewlry.
tamilee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts