any takers on striking blue-eyed Nigerian bucklings?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by April Rain, Jun 23, 2006.

1. April Rain

April Rain Well-Known Member

2. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Oh my word! The one that is dark in front and shaded to white in back is adorable. I wish I lived closer! What are you asking for them?

3. April Rain

Bucklings $100
    Doeling $150

We ship by Delta in dog crates.

They have great parents but I've only had goats one year and haven't entered them in any shows to get them awards for production or conformation. I chose some great animals to start a herd with, though, and am very pleased with what I'm getting.
    The markings on the bucklings are strong genetics. My buck looks like this and both his bucklings with different dams came out with his color. Also, his dam produced another one just like him this spring. I was hoping to get a doeling with this coloration, but his doeling is so beautiful that I wouldn't trade her! She is chocolate like her mother, with one white ring around her ankle.
    The doeling is out of my best buck, Argyle, with great milking genetics. I kept her sister rather than her only because she came out white with gold and I like her coloring better. If I needed to increase my herd at all, I would probably keep her because she has great parents. This dam delivered quads this year and they are all beautiful and healthy!

4. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

How much is the shipping? How long does it take? How old is the buckling?

I am interested.

5. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Also, I am sure he is disbudded...but do you also run the iron over the scent glands? Just curious about that...it is Kiss' buckling that caught my eye, but Snicker's buckling is also quite handsome...

6. April Rain

I need your nearest airport to run shipping charges through Delta.
    Kiss' buckling was born June 15th.
    We disbud but I haven't heard of running the iron over scent glands. How do we do that, where are they located? (On the head, right?)

7. Dixielee

Dixielee Well-Known Member

Here is a good article on disbudding and getting the scent gland.
    http://www.goatwisdom.com/ch1baby_care/dehorning.html

8. lacesout

lacesout Well-Known Member

Shipping (Delta) has usually cost us around 165.00 - 175.00 fo ship a NDG kid. You also need a Health certificate which includes information to address any specific testing required by your state. Usually, it is just a scrapies statement. The Health certificates average around 25 - 35. Then, the cost of the carrier which can be as little as 30.00 if you shop carefully.

We live in a small rural town in CO so we do a lot of shipping. Hope this helps.

Lynn in Western CO

9. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

April, I will Pm you!

10. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

April, I tried to reply to your PM but your box is full.
    Here is my answer:

The nearest airport is Burlington...there are bucks available, even blue-eyed ones, but I also love the pattern on your bucks...I think it is also beneficial to bring in new, excellent bloodlines to an area.
    There is a blue-eyed buck in the next state (NH) and I can have him here to breed my girls for a few months. The woman who owns him is quite generous and would only charge me $300.00. To breed as many as I wanted to him. I would probably end up with a nice buckling out of that. (ya think?)
    Just not sure what to do...when I have the money in my hand, it will be easier to examine my options. I do not want to breed until the winter as it is so bitter cold here to have babies before April...