any one here in southern virginia? lynchburg area

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ricky, Dec 16, 2006.

1. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

now i am settled i am looking for like minded people to converse with and maybe barter some, if nothing else maybe learn from each other . i guess a few friends would not be bad. all so looking for some animals to get rolling with what ya got? thanks rick :1pig:

2. Rxnwl

Rxnwl Well-Known Member

Lynchburg is my home town, moved away 13 years ago because of economy.
    I dont know what is there much anymore, but think it is the best place to live I hope I can move back sometime. I do have teh name of an excellent realtor if you want to buy. Also check out Aylors feed store.

3. fellini123

fellini123 Well-Known Member

Hi, what about some pygmy goats?? I have a billy and a couple does if you want them. You have to catch and transport though, due to medical problems we cant help much. PM me if interested.
    Alice in Virginia

4. lynpea

lynpea Well-Known Member

hey there Rick, we're SE of Roanoke, Franklin Co. side of the lake. What kind of critters are you looking for?

5. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

I live about 48 miles from the hill city on 501south

6. kbshorts

kbshorts Well-Known Member

Hey Ricky! I am just north of Charlottesville and work for a company based in Lynchburg, I get down that way a couple times a month. I have several different kinds of poultry and if all goes well I hope to have some bourbon red poults this spring.
    KB

7. Sammy

Sammy Well-Known Member

ricky, Rxnwl, fellini123, lynpea, ace admirer ..... please put your location in your profiles. ... TY

8. Rxnwl

Rxnwl Well-Known Member

Sammy, tell me how to put my location in my profile. Im located west of Phoenix Az in Sun City.

9. RosewoodfarmVA

RosewoodfarmVA Well-Known Member

I'm near South Boston. I go to the Lynchburg/Rustburg livestock market every now and then. Also the Tractor place near Rustburg (D and S or something like that). Nathan Black PS we have some goats for sale if you're interested.

10. Joey Wahoo

Joey Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ricky:

We're between Danville and South Boston. Just getting started ourselves, but I'm happy to share info.

11. fellini123

fellini123 Well-Known Member

No thanks, I always sign my messages as

Alice in Virginia

12. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

well neat, had no idea there were so many steaders around here, i'm 10 miles north of south boston, 4.7 miles north of halifax, 1.6 miles north of the state police communication tower,,,errrr towers now and 17 miles south of brookneal,,,,,,

13. BertaBurtonLake

BertaBurtonLake Well-Known Member

Hi there, Rick. We are located outside of Chatham, VA (about 45 miles south of Lynchburg; 20 miles North of Danville and about an hour from South Boston) Welcome. We have Katadhin sheep which will lamb in the spring, chickens and a Jersey cow with grafted on Angus heifer.

Welcome to the board. You will meet lots of knowledgeable folk here and get lots of helpful information!

~Berta

14. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

thanks for all the replys. its nice to know i am not alone. in the near future i will be ready for the animals so ill be chatting with some of you if not all. dont be strangers. oh i am in evington va. been here for 3 months. sold every thing we had and moved from the pennisula here. starting new bought a home and 5 acres of land most is woods and all rolling hill. loveing it so far. cutting next years fire wood now should be done by the first of the year. it has been a dream come true for me to get back to the country. thanks and please keep the replys comming rick :)

15. deaconjim

deaconjim Appalachian American Supporter

We're in SW Va, near Abingdon. Welcome to the area.

16. Wildcrofthollow

Wildcrofthollow Well-Known Member

Hi there,

our place is located in Amherst, just about 20 miles north of Lynchburg. We do not live on the property full time yet, but have finished the little log cabin that we can live in on weekends while building our house. We live in Richmond during the week and spend about 4 days every other week at the land building and getting gardens going etc. We also plan to have animals but will wait until we start living there full time. Looks like it will take about 2-3 more years to get out there full time. We still live in Richmond because I have a 13 yr old son who still needs a dad. ( tho he doesn't often seem to want one) He lives half the week with his mom and the other half of the week with me. We have a website if you would like to check it out... www.wildcrofthollow.com We are running a small botanical sanctuary on our land.