Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got quite a bit of vinyl flooring left over, but not enough to do a large area. Any ideas for putting it to good use?
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had some ideas... but they were so tacky...

??

Ahhh maybe make a little club house for the kids and give them a nice floor in it?

·
Registered
675 Posts
We are having a new floor put down in the kitchen Thursday and with the extra flooring I plan to line the cupboard under the sink. In our kitchen we have one drawer for tools( saves running down cellar for them) I will also line that drawer.

Maybe cut some to fit the shelving down cellar that our paints and stains are on.

special-k

·
Banned
224 Posts
any cabinet, closet, storage where you've spilled something before and wished it hadn't soaked in - anyplace you need to load things into that would be improved if things slid easier - under things that vibrate or which make noise

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
great on the wall behind the stove or behind a sink .also in the back of a pickup or van .

·
We're gettin' there!
937 Posts
I was watching one of the home remodeling shows on TLC a couple weeks ago and they put vinyl flooring on a wall...can't remember which room it was. Put it looked really good when they were done. There might be something about that project on their website.
Heather

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have seen it used on counter tops. If you have a storage/toolshed, summer kitchen, fish cleaning station of anyplace that might need a water proof counter, it could be used there.

Drawer/cabinet liners could be another choice.

Use it as underlayment for a new roof on a chicken coop or other small out building instead of tar paper.

Use it where regular flooring needs a little extra protection, such as under the refridgerator or stove or water heater.

You could cut small pieces to fit inside your shoe and boots to be used as "comfort soles" or to help waterproof them further.

I use pieces to make flooring for dollhouses.

Cut pieces for "dinner mats" like the vinyl ones that people buy at Walmart. We put them under the kids plates so their mess will be easier to clean up after they eat.

Keep a piece in the trunk of your car for stuff that may spill or get the back dirty when you are transporting it.

Coasters for your beverages so not to leave stains on furniture.

Pieces of it rolled up and stapled together would make excellent substitutes for "sona tubes". A sona tube is a clyinderial tube used to pour concrete into a pier shape for foundation construction.

Ernest

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have seen on craft shows and in magazines where you can make handpainted floor cloths. You turn over to the back side to paint. You can cut it in different shapes to match room. You could probably google to find directions online. I know that HGTV has shown it before. Hope you can make something great! Patti

·
Super Moderator
13,529 Posts
I use scrap vinyl flooring and scrap wood and sheet metal after area tonado clean ups to make $75 to $125 quonset hut style dog houses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts