Any Homesteading Weekends in the Northern part of the Country ??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Helena, May 9, 2005.

1. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of planning a Homesteading weekend up her near the Pa/NY border of north central PA. I would love to attend one. Recently in a very, very old MENS magazine they actually did have one back in the 70's !! Where was I then..on the treadmill in the big city back then !! Anyone hear of anything let me know !!

2. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Helena, there was some talk of assembling a get-together in NY a while back, but no one took charge so it just fell apart, I guess.

I know there are several of us in NY who would attend, depending on the dates we chose. (I work every other weekend, as do some others).

Perhaps the folks who have attended one in a different part of the country could advise us on how to go about organizing this? I would be happy to help set it up. Do we want to rent space at a state park and make it a weekend event, or one day at someone's place?

I think it would be fun either way. Let's get the discussion started!

3. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

4. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea you guys !! Why not post some ideas here and perhaps during the summer months we could meet up and get to know each other and learn from each other too !! I pm'd Hilltopdaisy too...so let's get the old brain a-thinking !! Sound good ??? ;)

5. ellebeaux

ellebeaux Well-Known Member

This may be too far away from you but it looks like a good time!

http://www.acresusa.com/events/events.htm

Meet discerning food buyers, graziers, homesteaders and ecological farmers from across the country in what has become a very special every-three-year reunion at the Salatins' Polyface Farm. Listen to the Salatins explain their pastured poultry operation, how to raise Salad Bar Beef, how to put pigs to work on your farm, how to build relationships with your customers, and more.