Any good websites by zone?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Gypsy, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good site which lists the various vegetables, fruit and nut trees which are likely to do well in a particular zone (4b to be exact). We just made a bid on a little (emphasis on little) place here in Central Maine. Because we would have only a limited space (2 acres) every square inch is precious and we don’t want to be wasting space on experimentation with plants which may or may not take.

Thanks in advance.

2. Zuiko

Zuiko Well-Known Member

The seed catalogs all list it, but it would be nice if they could sort it. And theres no reason it would need to be any harder then sorting out apple trees (for example). I live in MN and I plan to go to the most cold hardy ones. Vegtables shouldnt be as much of a deal (since most are annuals) Some strains will do better then others, but I just went to wal mart and picked out what I wanted, theres not too much choice in a lot of things. Good Luck

3. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

Try www.gardenweb.com, click on forums and go to the appropriate area of the country

4. Idahofarmergal

Idahofarmergal Well-Known Member

If you don't have a Fedco Seed catalog, you should get one. They're in Maine, along with most of the small farmers who grow seeds for them. The catalog is packed full of advice for growing in Maine.