Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching again and again, Master and comander. I love that flick. Any suggestions out there? Ciao.... :hobbyhors

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I sort of enjoyed " Live Free or Die Hard " the latest Bruce Willis installment. Granted it was not as good as some of the previous chapters but very enjoyable none the less.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess he is getting old like all of us. What do you think? I only watched the first one, and back there well we were younger I loved it... Since Bruce divorced his wife, I think he is or looks sad to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Depending on your tastes for violence and obscenity I guess, "Crank" with Jason Stathem was pretty good but I don't think most here would appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Well, I was just going to recommend Master & Commander, but you've already found it!
I did not expect it to be as good as it was! Excellent movie -

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Yes master and Commander is the best.

·
Registered
875 Posts
"The Marine" is also an EXCELLENT macho movie!,
"The Guardian" with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher,
"Deja Vu" with Denzel Washington

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
It started near or about 11:53. 07, 10 August, 2007, EDT. AD

I was comfortably tractor mowing, enjoying the diesel fumes when out of nowhere comes this white car with flashing lights hidden within its grill, a siren sounds; as if I couldn't see a out of place car with flashing lights coming head on in the middle of a 44 acre air strip.

The uniformed guy (who looked like he was skipping 4th period study hall) driving jumps out and says; Your herd has stampeded, there are cows goring people and running wild in the street.

First there are 3 cows and an Angus bull yearling here, they were here and well just an hour earlier. And are all hand feed-able. Not any of them breath fire or were taught to gore people, do you know how much time that takes to teach them such?

I then saw the 2 red stripes on the car so it was recognizable as one of the security vehicles of the Cedar Creek subdivision across the reserve from this location. The place where the snowbirds (the new white meat) come to flaunt their wealth, with houses that start at about 250K and run up there as high as the vanities of the new snowbirds. Knowing that such was totally untrue, I volunteered to go check; Bullfeathers and Marie were not where they should have been, could the problem be due to the fact that the reserve fence had only one staple at the top of every third post?

How do polled cattle gore anybody? Maybe they held horns in their teeth? Ninja cattle? The reserve has adequate fence at the other side, field fence that is adequate stapled.

I, as common to Super Hero's, took a quart of corn in a 5 gallon bucket, labeled Superior Joint Compound, (that bring back memories), to walk the distance to the area where Bullfeathers and Marie were located. I understand the drywall compound bucket was cross trained when its job was no longer needed, its now happily employed as a feed bucket, with adequate salary and benefits.

Approaching them I was warned by a near by resident; 'Watch out, they are killers!' He was adequately armed with his garden hose in case he had to ward off an attack of killer cattle. His (apparent wife, peeking out of the screened porch came to aid him in case of distaster), she appeared to be a New England retired librarian, pale, frail, and stale.

Some one from the high dollar compound, its gated, had issued a kiddy pool of water, and a 25 pound sack of dog food, apparently the reason the two did not return the previous evening.

While I was busy informing the two about the effects that dog food has on cattle (they may learn to bark and suffer serious mental health problems, that would lead to lack of milk production in both the (meat) cow and bull's milk production, (I love playing with the baby's)).

Bullfeathers was sneaking up to try to getting his fang equipped mouth into the feed bucket that was at my feet. A strange odor enter the scene, the woman exited by stepping away in a backward motion for about 6 bull lengths until she got into her screened porch. The guy stood his ground but I could see his trigger finger itching to pull and squirt.

He and I discussed the ingredients of the dog food complete with a list of the ingredients, but that might not be factual, and I most certainly do not want to ever have some thing non factual associated with my name here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts