Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been here just about two years, and I miss going to a country fair. I know there is one in Knoxville. But I was wondering if anyone knew of any others in this area??

I use to exhibit my paintings in the arts and crafts, and always enjoyed doing that.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
there's tons of them.... september seems to be the time for fairs. we have the annual ag fair going on right now. then each little community has a fair, one on each weekend in sept. then the national park has one, that used to be in sept. but conflicted with other fairs so they moved it to april. the gray, tn fair is going on now too.

check your local paper.... btw, the knox fair is always lots of fun. :)

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just discovered the Tennessee Valley Fair in Knoxville starts Sept. 7th. But deadline for entries was Aug. 14th. :Bawling: I was hoping to enter one of my paintings.

So I am going to look around. Where's Gray by the way??

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
What county are you in? Our local fair in Polk Co. starts Aug. 27th. and will run all week. You can enter items next Sunday. I usually enter alot of canned items, and I grow gourds to enter also, but with the severe drought I really didn't get to can anything and my gourds died. I love entering items in the fair so I will miss doing so this year.The Athens fair in McMinn co. is the following week after ours, it is bigger than ours, we are really just a very small fair compared to most, but we enjoy it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.