Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am desperate to get warm in our house.... can't take a bath as the hot water is not sufficient to fill the giant tub when it's cold outside (fine in summer). No heat upstairs. Showers are nice... but only while the water is running, and even then, dry skin can be quite itchy from staying under too long.

I keep thinking that one of those small infra red saunas might do the trick. I love dry heat saunas! But have never used an infra red one. They heat quickly using normal outlet power - small - and can be assembled and disassembled easily.

And of course there is one fairly reasonably priced on craigslist right now.

So - anyone ever use an infra red sauna? What do you think of them? Yea or ney?

thanks,
Cthy

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Look forward to hearing. Doubt I need a sauna now in AL- for those few months just crawl under the down- but anywhere N of the M-D line I want access to that and/or a hot tub. BTW a public one is just not as good- did that in England to thaw out throughly every week or so.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drat. Learned that those infra red saunas are great to raise temps avr. 60 degrees above room temp. The room we'd put it in is about 30-40 degrees - and so if we could get it hot enough to cause sweating it would take upwards of an hour and half to do so. Not what I was looking for. You can get a high output sauna - but those would cost about $1500 and require some rewiring in our house. Not in the budget this year...... but maybe some more flannel lined jeans are going to find their way into the budget starting tomorrow. sigh. Oh how I wish we had an old claw foot tub to soak in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts