Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I breed Goldendoodles, and I can attest to the potential buyer here and there that will give us the runaround. We live close to several bigger cities, so the odds are more in favor of these types of encounters. Though I agree, you do get better at weeding through them. The first contact you have with these individuals will tell you a lot.

I have also seen what @todd_xxxx mentioned about people getting cold feet once they realize it is the last pup in the litter. Some will immediately think "What is wrong with it? Why is it the last one left?" The only genuine answer I can give, is that the other pups were picked based on what the other people thought would fit best with their family - or they preferred the other colors/genders we had available. However, good training and well behaved humans ;) can really spit shine any pup.

People are wise to be wary of any animal that they buy. We tell everyone that buys a puppy from us that we will refund the dog within 1 month of purchase should the dog have any defects, or if their lifestyle changes and they find the dog is not a good fit for their family at that time. We would much rather take the dog back than to have it go to a shelter.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Never had problem with last pup. I post pictures around 6 weeks. I dont show pup in person anymore. For one, people come from all over the country. Fly a lot of the times. In fact never sold one closer the a 6 hour drive. I do first call type of picking. And so on. You want a male or female and i send photos video. I pulled out my health guarantee the 2 people that insisted they needed one decided i was right. Pretty much says whats not covered. But hay they needed a contract. Ya puppies are great people not so much. Get frustrating spending do much time with buyer for the run around. Geez the hight of covid I had 10 puppies and told folks if they needed a puppy fix just let me know and we did facetime. Oh man what time soakeruper that was. Never do that again. Once a week is enough for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, I agree. So sad that the show lines have been bred with that terrible trait. We have always bought from reputable breeders that have straight-backed German Shepherds and an overall good conformation. Love my Sheppies!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts