Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be totally "into" hard rock & heavy metal in my teen years. Only the last 7 years or so have I really become a major country music fan, some of my family are still dumbfounded. Always loved the old stuff,though, even during my rock years, such as Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn,etc. And I love alot of the new stuff, like Little Big Town,their song "Lost" makes me cry , & I love Tim McGraw's "I Need You" ... don't like Toby Keith as a rule, but the new song of his reminds me SO much of HT, "Love Me If You Can"
I gotta love it! :p Another new group/artist I love ,as does my 4 year old son, is Jason Aldean... his "Amarillo Sky" is his favorite! He also sings along to "Find Out WHo Your Friends Are" & Tim McGraw's song, "1-2-3 like a bird I sinnnnnng" .... & he LOVES Josh Turner's "Me & God" ( I also love his duet w/ Randy Travis on "King of The Road" -- Great one!!) :dance:
"Moments" by Emerson Drive is a tear-jerker, as well...
Anyone else have any favorites? I used to like to watch CMT, but it has become too "R rated" as of late...
I have even converted my rock-lovin' hubby... musta been all that Oak Ridge Boys & John Denver my mom listened to when I was a kid comin' back to haunt me!

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Get me going about country music and I could be here all night! :) As a rule, I listen mostly to the country oldies. But I do listen to some of the newer stuff too and some of my recent favorites are:

Brad Paisley - "I Want To Check You For Ticks",

Dierks Bentley - "Free and Easy Down The Road I Go",

and

Trace Adkins - "I Want To Feel Something".

There's more, there's always more :dance: , but I'll stop there for now.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Almost everything made after 1979 is not worth listening to.
Notable exceptions would be Dwight Yoakum and Junior Brown, and maybe a few of the guys that have been around forever.

As much as I hate to say it Dolly and Kenny Rodgers killed it for me by trying to be crossover stars.
Not enough banjos, steel guitars and fiddles anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
I really like the Emerson Drive song Moments. Along that same line is Craig Morgan's Almost Home. Both are favorites of mine and choke me up everytime I hear them.
Since I'm already boohooing, I might as well mention Brooks and Dunn's Believe. Love that one too.

Halo

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Kstornado11 said:
I used to be totally "into" hard rock & heavy metal in my teen years. Only the last 7 years or so have I really become a major country music fan, some of my family are still dumbfounded. Always loved the old stuff,though, even during my rock years, such as Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn,etc. And I love alot of the new stuff, like Little Big Town,their song "Lost" makes me cry , & I love Tim McGraw's "I Need You" ... don't like Toby Keith as a rule, but the new song of his reminds me SO much of HT, "Love Me If You Can"
I gotta love it! :p Another new group/artist I love ,as does my 4 year old son, is Jason Aldean... his "Amarillo Sky" is his favorite! He also sings along to "Find Out WHo Your Friends Are" & Tim McGraw's song, "1-2-3 like a bird I sinnnnnng" .... & he LOVES Josh Turner's "Me & God" ( I also love his duet w/ Randy Travis on "King of The Road" -- Great one!!) :dance:
"Moments" by Emerson Drive is a tear-jerker, as well...
Anyone else have any favorites? I used to like to watch CMT, but it has become too "R rated" as of late...
I have even converted my rock-lovin' hubby... musta been all that Oak Ridge Boys & John Denver my mom listened to when I was a kid comin' back to haunt me!
We have the exact same taste! And I too was a hard rocker in my teens.......many many years ago! LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MicheleMomof4 said:
We have the exact same taste! And I too was a hard rocker in my teens.......many many years ago! LOL
God Bless,
Michele
My Pop rolled his eyes at me, as I had Metallica's "Whiskey in a Jar" in with my CD of "You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma", "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" ,& "Ring of Fire" ! :p

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Oh come on.....no Danzig in there for good measure? ROFL
My 15 year old son last Christmas kept asking us for the video game, Guitar Hero. I was like, 'No its a waste of time!' We went to Wal Mart one day and was over by the games. And this girl was playing it. I stopped to watch what the big deal was about and she loaded in KISS to play! I looked at my son and said, 'I'm reconsidering.' LOLOLOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
And then, There in a class all his own, is my favorite of all tine "MARTY ROBBINS"!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Kstornado11 said:
My Pop rolled his eyes at me, as I had Metallica's "Whiskey in a Jar" in with my CD of "You're The Reason God Made Oklahoma", "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" ,& "Ring of Fire" ! :p

Laughing because people look at our record collection and shake their heads. Growing up it was everything from the Bay City Rollers (still own them!), AC/DC. Stray Cats, Alabama, Adam and the Ants and Eddie Cochran along with Ruth Brown all at once.
DH was more southern rock, Black Sabbath etc.
Now it is everything from country(alot!!), Aerosmith, Kid Rock,Nickelback to Blues (Keb Mo, BB King, etc.....)

Basically whatever we like :dance:

T

·
0 Posts
I used to be Goth...listened to Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode and the Cure. Now I listen to Loretta Lynn, Brad Paisley, Dwight Yokum and Martina McBride. Heck, I even drive a minivan.

Yep. I guess I changed a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
ceresone said:
And then, There in a class all his own, is my favorite of all tine "MARTY ROBBINS"!
Oh, my yes! I cannot listen to the 'new' country music. All my music is the old stuff!

Gosh, Roger isn't even a fan of country music and he says the new stuff stinks!

·
Karaoke Queen
964 Posts
Add me to the list too..... a rocker in the 80s and now a die-hard country music fan. I won't tell you how many times I've seen Little Big Town and Carolina Rain, and there are dozens of others I've seen at least once! And a trip to Fan Fare in Nashville is a must for any country music lover!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Growing up if it wasn't country played in our house, then it was nothing. Elvis was as rock and roll as it got! And of course on Saturday nights if the reception was good we listened to the Grand Ole Opry on the radio!
As a teen I had the transistor radio tuned to the popular rock station--The Beatles, Sonny and Cher, The Mamas and the Papas, The Stones, Rod Stewart etc. etc.--whatever was a hit in the late 60's and early 70's.
Do enjoy the newer country but must confess the older stars had a flare all of their own! As a Canadian friend and neighbour-- Hank Snow, and Ann Murray were favs on this side of the border.
Now that I'm 52 our kids who are 32 and 30 listen to the new country.
Enjoy whoever you listen to!!
Hugs, Donna

·
Registered
578 Posts
Growing up, country and gospel were all that we heard. Of course, during the teenage years I definitely went rock and Aerosmith is THE greatest band of all time!! (And Steven Tyler is hot.......white hot!) Anyway, I do like quite a bit of the modern country that's out there now, but I guess I'm a sucker for the classics. Marty Robbins is awesome. Waylon, Willie, Patsy, etc, etc. Oz and I heard Willie and Merle doing Pancho and Lefty yesterday. I LOVE that song and I hadn't heard it in ages. And then there's my inner disco diva. Oz cracks up because I really love cheesy 70's music too. Give me some Bee Gees and I'm a happy girl. Maybe I just like music in general. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Music, my favorite subject. I love all types of music. But since country is the current thread here are a few of my current country favorites.
Toby Keith "love me if you can"
Martina McBride "Anyway"
Carrie Underwood "Before he cheats" (daughters like this one too)
Tim McGraw "Kristofferson" & "Between the River and Me"
Big & Rich "Lost in the Moment"
Gretchen Wilson & Hank Jr. "Outlaw Women"
That's not all just a few...

·
Registered
129 Posts
My favorite country singers are Waylon and Merle. I became a big fan of Josh Turner, after seeing the special with Randy Travis. I really like the song A Different World, by Bucky Covington. Every time I hear it, I hum it for the rest of the day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts