Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The last damned thing I need is a cat. Last night I set my traps for the ***** that have been harassing my penned geese at night. What did I find in a trap this morning???? Right, the cat. Luckily I was using box traps instead of the kill traps. She did not use even one of her lives----Though she may be on the 8th now. She beat me back to the house and was stalking around demanding feed when I got back.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The last damned thing I need is a cat. Last night I set my traps for the * that have been harassing my penned geese at night. What did I find in a trap this morning???? Right, the cat. Luckily I was using box traps instead of the kill traps. She did not use even one of her lives----Though she may be on the 8th now. She beat me back to the house and was stalking around demanding feed when I got back.
the cat now owns you. You must let it in ,buy expensive canned food fo- he- pet, g-oom. clip it's nails and vet it. Get it nuetue-ed fo- su-e! In the cold you must let it stay in and et it a litte- box! Have fun!

·
I calls em like I sees em
14,033 Posts
We have a couple of cats. They are feral so we have to set up a game cam to check on them. They were just kittens when we got them, 2 of them, and they escaped before we wanted them loose. They were around 10, 12 weeks then, just past the fuzzy kitten stage. Now they are 6, 7 months, have grown a lot and look healthy in the pics. Too bad we didn't get a chance to tame them down some but being wild will help keep them alive

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Blasted Cat. Cannot drink my coffee on the patio without finding a cat face between myself and my cup. Jumps up on my leg, claws thru the jeans, then paw on my shirt and face to face. If i had any great evil in my past I would think she was a demon sent back to haunt me. As it is, I figure she is just a minor djinn sent back to annoy me. If this keeps up I will have to buy another sack of feed in a week or so unless an owl or raccoon bails me out. The only **** I've seen lately is hardly bigger than the cat,so I do not expect much.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
We have a nice looking tom that we thought for sure something ate him. No sign for him for a month. Then one the kids reported seeing him drink out of the goat waters in the upper pasture. Nothing again for another month. Then shows up for the usual breakfast time with the other cats and acts though nothing happened. I will say our female "queen" hates him. When ever he gets close to her she hisses and swats and him, so that may be part of it.:unsure:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
My wife, world traveler, purveyor of knowledge, fountain of information, tells me tht this cat is a Russian Blue. Since I have been lately informed by the pest that he is a male he shall henceforth be called Boris. Actually Boris was a Bulgarian, but what the hell.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
About ten days ago two kittens showed up on my back patio. Both charcoal, about a pound each, one bob tail and one long tail.
Sucker that I am, I cannot let them starve, so I put out water and food. In two days the long tail cat is gone---I assume varmnts but a week later I see that cat way down by the lake. The bob-tail kitten has taken up residence here. I put out a handful of feed morning and evening, a bowl of water. This morning about six fifteen I sat in my chair with my cup of coffee and the blooming cat jumped up in my lap. The cat stuck its head under my hand and rolled around, apparently wanting me to scratch its ears, which I did. Confirmed---If I quit rubbing its ears the cat at once stuck its head back under my hand and rolled to look at me.

Cat people??? Doe s this mean that cat has bugs in its ears? Does it need treatment of xome kind? I am not in need of another dependent, but I won't let tje damned cat suffer/
Well if it's anything like my ex it just wants money.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I have no idea where the stray, now called Boris,, came from. All I know is that like a boil on one's behind he is a pain, unwelcome, unwanted and certainly unneeded. However, in the ranks of irritations he is a minor factor. I know of a couple of old folk whose crack head daughter dumped four kids on them. Now THAT is real trouble. Boris at least is not blood kin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Boris is a great name! Once you name them, it is all over. That cat is forever. We rescued 2 domestic long haired cats. They were brothers from a litter, aptly named Tom and Jerry. Jerry passed at age 16, last year. His brother Tom went many years before he did. We were never cat people, but these 2 cats were hysterical. Their antics always amused us.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
"That cat is forever". Might as well be a judge pronouncing a life sentence. The blinking cat csnnot be over three months old while I am past ninety.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts