Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I don’t know what happened to all I wrote. Pics posted but not my words?
Anyway, no I’m not a cat person, but every once in a while I do take a liking to a friendly one.
This one started hanging around my house a few months back and I started feeding it old lunch meat and milk. My wife wasn’t too happy as she hates cats and our son is allergic. I told her an outdoor cat doesn’t make a mess or smell up the house.
Plant Dog Wood Outdoor furniture Table
Cat Felidae Plant Carnivore Wood

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don’t know what happened to all I wrote. Pics posted but not my words?
Anyway, no I’m not a cat person, but every once in a while I do take a liking to a friendly one.
This one started hanging around my house a few months back and I started feeding it old lunch meat and milk. My wife wasn’t too happy as she hates cats and our son is allergic. I told her an outdoor cat doesn’t make a mess or smell up the house.
View attachment 100329 View attachment 100330
You posted pics, so you are now officially a Cat Person by default lol! And that is totally OK! She’s a cutie! 😻

·
Premium Member
28,233 Posts
If the cat doesn't have brownish gunk in it's ears, it most likely does not have ear mites. It won't hurt to dab a little mineral oil in each ear as a preventive measure. But head rubbing and ear scratching are ways a cat shows affection for you and marks you as it's property. They have scent glands on their face and transfer their scent to you when they rub their face on you.

I had a cat that would almost flip clear over when he would get on my lap and start rubbing his face on my legs.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
"As families started having fewer kids, pets became substitute children"
A derangement called anthropomorphism..
If the cat doesn't have brownish gunk in it's ears, it most likely does not have ear mites. It won't hurt to dab a little mineral oil in each ear as a preventive measure. But head rubbing and ear scratching are ways a cat shows affection for you and marks you as it's property. They have scent glands on their face and transfer their scent to you when they rub their face on you.

I had a cat that would almost flip clear over when he would get on my lap and start rubbing his face on my legs.
"e cat doesn't have brownish gunk in it's ears, it most likely does not have ear mites. It won't hurt to dab a little mineral oil in each ear as a preventive measure"
Danaus; I think this is probably the case=-=--cat does not seem to have a problem but just wants attention---establishing ownership.

·
Premium Member
7,188 Posts
Not a cat, but I have two dogs that are not just "animals". One dog will pick up anything I point to and bring it to me...sometimes I don't have to point, he just brings something anyway. One time I dropped my purse and he picked up every single coin, after he gave me my purse back to put them in. He brings me my canes when I drop them, and also helps by bringing in the laundry basket when I bring in clothes from outside. I can drop something I'm eating and he will pick it up and give it to me...got to admit, once it's in my hand, he gets a REALLY confused look on his face.

The other dog is a mutt and a hunter, bred and raised by Galgueros in Spain until they decided he wasn't what they wanted and he ended up in a shelter. Two years after I got him, he decided to hunt for me...he brings me any animal he catches, lots of squirrels and rabbits, some birds. Lately, we have moved and the house was unoccupied for MANY years. He has turned into a mouser now, and considering his size (about German Shepherd size) does a GREAT job. He never tries to eat anything he catches, just brings it to me.

Animals to to some, valuable associates to me.

Mon

·
Super Moderator
16,933 Posts
The cat is lonely. Some low life took him away from his mother and siblings and simply abandoned him. Probably so that he does not have to pay the pound to take the unwanted kittens.

Earlier this year a starving stray cat came around: my son decided that he wanted him and so he took him home

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The cat is becoming a pest. I cannot sit on the patio and drink my coffee in the morning without the blooming cat jumping on my lap, clawing its way up my shirt to stare in my face. All the while purring like a miniature sewing machine. How in the devil do you cat lovers stand this???? Are cats the reincarnation of long-defeated enemies come back to haunt one?

·
Premium Member
28,233 Posts
We had one that always rubbed on Grandma's ankles. It didn't matter how many times she kicked it out into the field. The cat would come running back to her. It didn't do that to anyone else, just Grandma.

Maybe it wants some coffee. Maybe it wants to be fed. Maybe it's really an albatros?

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
The cat looooves you. It's OK to reciprocate.

:giggle:

Reactions: stars at night

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The cat is becoming a pest. I cannot sit on the patio and drink my coffee in the morning without the blooming cat jumping on my lap, clawing its way up my shirt to stare in my face. All the while purring like a miniature sewing machine. How in the devil do you cat lovers stand this???? Are cats the reincarnation of long-defeated enemies come back to haunt one?
Welcome to the wonderful world of felines! :)

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
No, now your "owned" by a cat.
One I rehomed decided to own her husband.
Won't leave him alone, sleeps on him at night, wants on his lap
He's not a cat person likely any more than you.
But he's taking the "owned" thing pretty well considering 😳😁

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
LOL, this morning trying to drink my coffee on the patio, cat jumping up on my lap, fending the cat off with my left and trying to hold the cup steady with my rigjht. Got to thinking of the Indians and Arabs who consider the left hand unclean---Googled it. Phone out, cat face between me and the phone!!!! Well, the Indians and Arabs have a reason, but it is not only cats.

·
Premium Member
42,991 Posts
LOL, this morning trying to drink my coffee on the patio, cat jumping up on my lap, fending the cat off with my left and trying to hold the cup steady with my rigjht. Got to thinking of the Indians and Arabs who consider the left hand unclean---Googled it. Phone out, cat face between me and the phone!!!! Well, the Indians and Arabs have a reason, but it is not only cats.
Lucky you! I usually get the other end of the cat in my face! Lol

·
Premium Member
28,233 Posts
It is official, you are now the property of a cat. With any luck it won't suck out too much of your soul during the rest of it's long life.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
LOL, Danaus: When I went out this morning I found the beast was not present and in fact had not eaten all last night's feed. Owl or abandonment? I drank my coffee in puzzled peace. None of my traps had been touched, either, so the varmint will be back when it makes its next round.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts