Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Well, maybe the desk Sargeant can have them running such errands rather than doing door knocks and getting killed.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Seems to me that a better plan would be to send mental health professionals out on these types of runs with the police & not instead of police.
Good idea.

And it would even be better if they would make the mental health professionals responsible and accountable for the situation. It’s time to give the police a break from all the lawsuits and blame.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Good idea.

And it would even be better if they would make the mental health professionals responsible and accountable for the situation. It’s time to give the police a break from all the lawsuits and blame.
So your plan is just to shift the lawsuits and blame?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Good idea.

Naw, just make them go through the door first.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Just another useless, ineffective goobermint bureaucracy that will just grow and grow costing taxpayers more and more money. All this in addition to the police who you can bet will also be dispatched and just around the corner for when the real *hit hits the fan.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
When the social workers screw up a situation, what is your plan? When police screw up, I'm betting you would like them to be held accountable. If you put mental health professionals in the situation to handle the problem, should they not be held accountable as well?

·
Registered
238 Posts
They could just build some big buildings, kind of like hospitals, but with bars on the windows, with nice comfy rooms with nice comfy beds and warm food and showers and put all the crazy people in there.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
When the social workers screw up a situation, what is your plan? When police screw up, I'm betting you would like them to be held accountable. If you put mental health professionals in the situation to handle the problem, should they not be held accountable as well?
The problem is that people seem to equate the word "accountable" with "perfect". They are two separate things. You can do everything exactly right in a situation and still have that situation go sideways. It's a whole different thing if you are not following procedure and just making the rules up as you go along.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
How about we hold the gang bangers, dope heads, thieves, muggers, and burglars accountable. Criminal activity should result in consequences, not consulting with a social worker.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
How about we hold the gang bangers, dope heads, thieves, muggers, and burglars accountable. Criminal activity should result in consequences, not consulting with a social worker.
1. Highly unlikely that these are the calls that the social worker would be called out for.
2. I didn't suggest that criminal activity should be without consequences nor do I recall anyone else doing so.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
1. Highly unlikely that these are the calls that the social worker would be called out for.
2. I didn't suggest that criminal activity should be without consequences nor do I recall anyone else doing so.
I have encountered some of the so called disturbed, or mental ill people, acting out in a violent manner. And I have read their criminal history, itemizing their previous arrests for drugs, burglary, assault, and rape. These are exactly the kind of people the social workers will be dealing with.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Thats a important part of it yes, what the problem with that?

Also from what I read on some posts, the metal health officials would be better at responding to many of these problems. Time to let those that promote the idea actually step up and participate. Might even be interesting to let some teaching professionals join in on the front lines since many of them seem more concerned about how students feel instead of teaching.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts