Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning on one possibly two angoras and would like someone good to buy from. would like an agouti and maybe a red satin? preferably two girls i'm not interested in breeding at the time being.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have french angoras... my females are a fawn, a cream, and a REW... They are real sweethearts. I don't live in OH, but I am pretty close. Good luck in finding the right kind and trying not to breed them!

·
Registered
874 Posts
there are a lot of folks in Ohio with angoras, many of them belong to HT also. Summerhill is one that comes to mind. or is it sommerhill? whoops : )
I belong to an Ohio Angora group with 90 members. There's always a bun or two for sale! : )
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/OhioAngora/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info will check out the yahoo group. ctomosky how much are you asking and any pics?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am asking $35 dollars a rabbit. Their mother is a Grand Champion from Somerhill. Here are some pics, but the Cream Female is not on this list. They are all around 6 months old now, and ready for a trimming. These were taken when they were around 2-3 months old.

http://s483.photobucket.com/albums/rr200/ttomosky/

Where exactly in Ohio are you? Maybe we could meet half way.

ctomosky.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will be in piketon by the end of next month, early march at the latest. would definitely love one of the fawn ones, and maybe the cream too, they're beautiful. if they're still available by then i'd be happy to meet you half way depending where ya are! price seems fair. (in fact i'd be willing to give a deposit for the fawn female if you think she'd be gone by then if i dont).

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can't make the trip for just one fawn, It is too long. I would only do it if you got both the fawn and the cream, or both fawns. And just an FYI, they would come sheared.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(BTW- i do want the fawn and the cream please was just thinking if i needed to reserve one i especially want the fawn, i just love the coloring, but i've been wanting a white/cream fiber animal for a dying project i'm working on too so yes i would like both...)

·
Registered
157 Posts
The cream would be a bit hard to dye a separate color because it is just a light fawn, but I have a ruby-eyed white whose wool would be good for dying... Just a thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts