Any advice about pressure washers?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Judy in IN, May 28, 2006.

1. Judy in IN

Judy in IN Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new pressure washer. I had a little cheap electric one that I purchased at a garage sale. It died, but it was great! Now I'm thinking about one a little more serious. Is $250 about right for a Honda 5 hp and 2800 psi? There's one on Ebay I'm considering.

Any thoughts? Advice?

2. travlnusa

travlnusa Well-Known Member

I have been shopping for one myself. I have seen them new run $300-350 for what you have found.

If buying used, keep in mind you might have to buy new tips. Water (some more than others) will wear them out.

If you freeze in the winter, make sure you bring it inside or winterize the pump. Based on that nugget of info, guess why I am shopping for a new one?

3. Judy in IN

Judy in IN Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, I won the Ebay auction on the pressure washer, but now the seller tells me that it sprang a leak and he can't sell it to me. Dang! Guess I will buy new.

4. clovis

clovis Well-Known Member

Once you own one, don't tell a soul that you have it. Everyone in Indiana will want to borrow it.
    clove

5. oneditto

oneditto Member

ain't that the truth clovis...since i have had mine(13hp honda 3700psi) its been gone longer that its been home! I paid 100.00 from home depot they said it was reconditioned twice and still was not running...low oil will shut the motor off every time...damm I scored!!!