Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vet has our jersey on 30 cc of Penicillin two times a day for five days after a dog attack left her without ears, and lots of wounds. Poor girl is going to be healing for a while. We're not happy to be giving her antibiotics but seems with so much skin ripped off, she needs it. How long would you guys wait before drinking the milk again? Would you feed it to pigs, as we're doing? Vet says the big dairies only wait 92 hours before using the milk for humans. Would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Kristin

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks as always for the good advice.

She's been incredibly calm so far. She's a really sweet natured cow. My biggest problem so far is keeping her eating and drinking. Her ear wounds drip blood and goo into her food and water and she won't touch them once they're contaminated. I've been holding buckets for her...I'm going to build a manger or a hay net today to keep her hay clean.

Wr, what should I watch for as far as signs of stress go? What should I do if I see them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.