Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother recently moved from the Pacific Northwest to the Arizona desert. She has had sever allergic reactions for bees and wasps before (has to carry an Epi pen at all times), and has now discovered she has the same deadly reaction to scorpions. She doesn't have insurance right now and taking a trip to the ER for the Anascorp anti-venom will most likely bankrupt her. Is there any way to get an anti-venom serum without visiting the emergency room?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
sure dont think so, but if she would need to go to the hospital she should go, at the hospital after treatment she can ask for the social worker they will file for medicaid to pay the hospital bills and if she is low income she most likely will get a medicaid card. when a life is in danger its not the time to worry about the doctor bill.

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Is there a similar product made for vet use? Having a dose on hand for your "dog" on your upcoming "backpacking trip" might be an option, not that I'd recommend such a thing... ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We already looked up all the local hospitals that carry it, the closest one to her just happens to be one of them. And I know she would go to the hospital if she ever got stung.
I will look up vet products and see what I can find! Thanks for the suggestion :)

T

·
0 Posts
I had searched and discovered that all my Mexican Pharmacy web pages no longer show in a Google Search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts