Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the appointment to have my GSD Lucky, Euthanized tomorrow. I know it is past time already. He just can't walk anymore. Oh my, how I hate being the grim reaper! That was the hardest phone call I ever made and I have been crying since!

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
So sorry! That is such a hard decision to make. It is also a very unselfish one. Know that he lived a good life with someone who loved him very much, and now still loves him enough to let him go.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I'm sorry :( I know how hard the call was to make. But Lucky knows you are taking good care of him up to the end...and it will be such a peaceful relief for him. Hugs to you while you go through this VERY difficult time.

·
Canning Crazy
2,332 Posts
I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Big hugs going out. I know my 16YO Pom is going to be in that position soon and I will also be the one to have to deal with it. I'll be thinking of you.

·
Banned
1,040 Posts
Ya did the right thing...

I had my girl scheduled and she showed a sign of gettin better so I cancelled only to call back and schedule the next day wishin I did not put her through yet another day of living like she should not have had too...

It is hard on us but the right thing for our friends and family.

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
We faced the same situation yesterday. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. It is so difficult, even when you know there is nothing else to be done.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I can say right now is I am going to have swollen eyes for a week! I just can't stop crying! My Luckybuck was a very good dog! I am so very sad!
Denise

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
It's such a hard hard thing to go through, but you did what's best for your dear friend and he appreciates it.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Michgranny.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am so sorry for what you are going through. We put our Buster down on the 9th of this month. Surgery and a week of hospitalization, and he got to come home for a few days, it was a very difficult decison, we called to have him put down, then called back to hold it off one more day. I believe he, and we, needed that one more day. He was a Boxer, and we had to carry him into the vet, and he was so happy to see the Dr. and the nurses, I honestly feel he was ready to go, and it was a very peaceful, but teary ending. He is vey much missed, and we still shed some tears every day, and not everyone understands how you can feel so much, for "just a dog", but they are not just dogs, they are like our children, and we love them, and care for them, and we grieve for them. All of us here have a good understanding of how you feel. Take Care

1 - 18 of 18 Posts