Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doctor told me I need to limit my computer time.
Then my husband told me he was concerned with the boys' attitudes and listening (or rather, not listening) and said they need to be without television for a week or more.
I understand and agree. The boys have adjusted well, reverting back to age-old games of playing 'toy shop' or 'pet shop' or just playing with blocks and action figures.

I, however, feel the void left by the big, flashy box! I didn't realize I had become so addicted to hearing and seeing it on.

What do I do instead? Has anyone else been here before?

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
We try to limit the Tv for the kids. Especailly in summer time, nice days they are lucky to get an hour,, fresh air does them well. I could live with out TV but have become I guess addicted to computer and Its not that I spend alot of time on here ,but this is my contact with others who live some of the life style we do. I have mad alot of internet friends and have many pen pals thru here. I have starting sewing more and doing crafts getting ready for winter and christmas, to cut back on my computer time, I can live without alot of things, but would miss my contacts and information I get htrough this site, since homesteading site are all I go to on computer

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,870 Posts
Sirius Radio. I listen to old radio shows, bluegrass music, etc. Wonderfully soothing.

Evening time is reading time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts