Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My night went to pot quickly! As I was making supper later then I should,as my day was a bit crazy. The washer seal gave way which caused a massive flood in bathroom and basement. Eldest ds was out splitting wood and heard the commotion came in. I gave the order of who was to do what. My 4 yo came in squealing dd #2 screams ds#3 is bleeding bad. We stop the flood clean up. his foot looked super bad at first sight. Found a hand towel that wasn't used in the flood. Wetted it with clean water grabbed ds and flew to the Er.
Thank God both dr working the Er know me and when I told the the story of the flood and my little ds said he tried to chop wood they didnt think twice. They cleaned him and stitched him up. Only took 7 stitches. The first look, looked like he went threw his foot between his toes. That's what the dr thought first too. I'm so grateful it was only 7 stitches needed.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
that was close...glad yall are fine.

Reactions: BlueRose

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the whole ordeal didnt slow him down one bit! Had to ground him to the couch. Gave him his bday gift early to keep him occupied.

·
Lovin' my Fam
4,459 Posts
Oh my goodness!
Glad it was caught and you were able to get him fixed up!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
OMG he is very fortunate the bone was not damaged in that foot!

With the title you chose for this thread, I was of the impression you were the one who was going to sew up that little foot! It is nice to have a suture kit (as well as a kit that will let you remove the stitches later); however, knowing when to use it as a do-it-yourself and when not to is a must! Glad you got your little fellow to the ER.

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know my limits. I sutured many a person and or animal, also glued. I have a medical background and know when it's way more then what I can comfortably do when there is another "seamstress" that can do it for me.
When I first seen his cut I thought it was all the way threw his foot. I didn't evaluate any more. I didn't want to risk shock. I grabbed him and left. He cried a little getting his stitches but no one had to hold him down. He was so brave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts