Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Unapologetically me
20,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the "New Kindergartener" thread, and I got to thinking. (I know, it don't happen often)
This will be the first year since 1986 that I won't be buying school supplies.
I won't be shopping for cool binders, notebooks, pens, pencils, crayons, pencil boxes or backpacks.
No school shoes, School clothes, or any of that stuff.
I think I'm gonna miss it.:(

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Hey, you're more than welcome to take my kiddo and buy her school stuff. :p

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Cornhusker said:
I was reading the "New Kindergartener" thread, and I got to thinking. (I know, it don't happen often)
This will be the first year since 1986 that I won't be buying school supplies.
I won't be shopping for cool binders, notebooks, pens, pencils, crayons, pencil boxes or backpacks.
No school shoes, School clothes, or any of that stuff.
I think I'm gonna miss it.:(

Aww cornhusker, feeling the empty nest syndrome?? yeah you can take my girls shopping.. heheh

·
Registered
203 Posts
get rid of that urge by buying supplies by buying...for a less fortunate family or deliver it to a school or womens shelter. it will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I am going through that this year too. But for a different reason. My kids are doing cyber school this year for the 1st time. It's strange to see all the school supplies and not need to get anything. No need to try to time haircuts so they will look just right for the beginning og school. We may need some clothes though.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I don't have kids to buy for, but I do buy for the church and YMCA school supply drives. It's a blast for me, I love to go buy the cool binders, the crayons, notebook paper, all the rest. It makes me feel good to know that my little bit of supplies will help some kid or kids somewhere. I would be willing to bet that somewhere around you there is a school supply drive going on. Maybe consider spending a few bucks and donating. I do, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I'm not looking forward to buying all the supplies.. As for clothes we don't buy them at the beginning of the school year we figure they can still wear the summerish clothes to school seeing it's still pretty hot when they start. Then later buy them the fall clothes, it works.

·
Registered
567 Posts
SHHHHHH DON'T say that out loud. I said that last year. Actually, my DH and I were kind of doing a happy dance about the fact that for the first time in a million years we weren't buying school supplies. Our babies had flown the coop. We had raised 3 kids and they did not need school clothes, backpacks, glue sticks or red pens.

That was last July.

Last August 14, our DD left her son ( now 18 months) with us and took off into the wild blue yonder.

So, now I have about 3 years until I have to buy school clothes, backpack and red pens.
We often say it was because we said we were happy we didn't have to buy school supplies!!

So, be careful what you wish for!!!

Kimberly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts