Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, everyone!

I'm a young mother with 2 (3, if you count the man in the house) young children. We live in north central North Carolina, and well... we loathe it here. We only moved back here to be around my immediate family - my mom and sister - but they both have their own lives, jobs, new spouses.

So! I want to move. I really would love to move back to upstate NY where I'm from and own a small orchard and U-Pick berry farm -- and to maybe have a small bed and breakfast or little cafe attached (I love to cook. My dad, while he's sort of... a PITA, is a great cook that I'd give room and board to if he would cook for my endeavors!). I'm glad I joined and found these forums as there is a lot to learn here.

I'm currently in college, but I'm mostly enrolled to give myself something to do outside of work and raising the kids. I have no idea "what I want to be when I grow up" because aside from owning a farm or orchard, I have a ton of ideas - lactation consultant, doula, dietitian...

And, as you can see, I'm a little verbose and love to chat. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome. I like your idea. Being close to family can be good but also not so much. Follow your dream. What's the worst that can happen?! Good luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts