Hi everyone. Since I've found that I have generally gotten some great ideas/feedback when I've asked something here, I thought I would post to get some much needed feedback. As I think I have posted here before, we are currently looking for a property to purchase here in upstate NY. I work at home but am tied to having either cable or DSL internet (absolutely no dial-up or satellite internet can be used). I make really good money so cannot see giving up this job right now. The problem we seem to be encountering is that most (just about all!) of the more rural properties with acreage we have seen do not have cable or DSL available. Thus, to our thinking, we are down to 3 options: 1) Purchase a home nearer to town that has cable or DSL now, work and save for about another 3-5 years to buy a more remote property at which time we would have probably enough equity in house-in-town to pay off at least half of the rural property and I could then afford to make less money and not need to be tied to cable or DSL; 2) Purchase the remote property we want now and also purchase a cheap 2-unit home in the nearest small town so I could "commute" to work and have the tenants pay the mortgage on it for approximately the same 3-5 years until, same as above, I could get by with less income; or 3) Buy an expensive home at the top of our budget with acreage AND DSL or cable now and live there forever, albeit with a large mortgage, but I would be able to afford the mortgage because I would be able to keep the internet access. In our conversations, really all of the above have their pros and cons. We have just gone round and round about this and really cannot decide which is the better way to go. Part of the reason I work at home is because I like working at home but both of us really want to get back on some land. The first two options would have us as close to debt-free as we will probably ever get within about 5 yrs, as in either case we would be able to sell 1 property to pay off at least a chunk of the other. We also think that land is not getting any cheaper and are worried that if we wait 3-5 years we may end up not getting what we waited for. What would you do? Would you "commute" for land now or wait the 3-5 (probably closer to the later) years as above? Thanks in advance for the advice!