Another New Baby, And Maybe One More On The Way!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Me and my brother went out to check on one of our mutt goats, Clara, who has been in labor for a while now, and she has a BEAUTIFUL baby boy with her, and there might be another one on the way! Got to go now, bye!

2. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

3. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Did she have another one? What does he look like? Hope mom and baby (babies) are fine this morning.

4. Goat Freak

No, only one, I am SO worried though, last time she had one then 16 hours later had another one born dead because it got stuck because the baby was trying to come out folded up :( . I could have SWORN that there was going to be another one, I saw what looked like a baby bubble, but it could have been an afterbirth type bubble, not sure. I just hope that Clara will be allright, and that there is NOT another one, I don't want to have to bury another baby :( . The little boy is brown with a kinda lighter look, and his face is REALLY lighter. See Ya, bye.

5. Alma

Alma Active Member

Great to hear about your new kid, thanks for the many great times I have read your news on the forum. I'm new to the internet but its great tool to be able to talk with others about goats. I have sent a sample of the fluid out of my Judi's udder to be tested but I'm still hoping that she is pregant and not infected with Staph which is what the vet said it might be. Thanks for your input. Take care and I hope to hear all about the new arrivals again soon. Alma

6. Goat Freak

Thank you! The little one is doing great, it looks like he IS the only one though, THANK GOODNESS, she wasn't that big anyway which is why we thought that she had another month to go. He is doing just great, and so is his mama, he is starting to look a lot more like a slightly bleached goat, he is by no means white but he is the lightest baby that his dad has thrown off so far. Well I got to go now. Bye.