Homesteading Forum banner

Another litter...

340 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ginnie5 
#1 ·
not in the nest box! Well at least I think there's another litter. My chinchilla doe was due again so I put the nest box in and plenty of hay. last time she made a nice nest, pulled fur and all just not in the box. So I moved them and then they all died. She has a nice nest built now. I can't see into it but she is being protective of it. Its in her hay again......beside the box. I hate to move them because of last time. The first litter I got our of her was out of the box too. Do they stand a chance like this? I'm thinking that for some reason she just does not like the nest boxes. I have two boxes (need more though) and I've used a different one each time with her. The nest she has made would fir in the box so I don't think size is an issue. Hopefully they'll make it this time.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I have old style hutches...I've got silver foil type insulation on the sides to winterize them though. Sh does have the nest in the most protected spot so I'm hopeful.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I probably already give more hay than is needed. She's my friendliest doe so I hope she raises this litter. As soon as you open her cage she's there to see if you have treats or be petted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.