Another kid??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by BubbleTea, Apr 9, 2005.

1. BubbleTea

BubbleTea Active Member

My goat had 3 healthy kids last Saturday. All week she has been miserable :grump:.(cryling ALLL the time and VERRRY loud!) She is having bloody discharge...and I do not think she let out her afterbirth.
    Today while milking I saw somthing moving around in her stomach....I felt little hooves kicking and a head sticking out on the side of her stomach. It was not air bubbles, it was hard, like when she was pregnant with the other kid :confused: Is there any other option than calling a vet? And has anyone else had this experience? :waa:

2. rhjacobi

rhjacobi Well-Known Member

Hi Bubble Tea,

About the only thing that I am certain about when it comes to goats is to never use the word "impossible".

Even if there isn't another kid, even if she expelled the after birth and ate it before you saw it, I would think that something (discomfort/pain) is causing her to be that vocal. Does may become more vocal after kidding, but at this level it sounds like a discomfort/pain response.

I would make the call to the vet without delay.

Bob
    Lynchburg, TN.

3. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

Kathryn,
    I understand your reluctance in calling a vet, but as her cervix is closed now, that will be the only real option if there is something really weird (another LIVE kid!?) going on in her. At the very least see if you can locate one that will talk to you about it. I'm sorry this is happening, and I sure hope you get her straight!

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I would be at the vet, this am. they can do an ultra sound.
    I will not say it is impossible for her to have another one inside, just very unualul. I would have a vet check her , fast. could be infection, or she could just be sore, but not this long.

5. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

Hey, Kathryn, how's your goat?
    What happened?
    Was it another kid?
    Rachel