Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Oh I'm going to have to try this one too. :)

I looked and there's no URL on my printed out page. I keep going through my bookmarked pages too, one folder at a time lol. Maybe I'll find it again... Until then, this one does look pretty close.

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
I like LOC's design so much because it fits the kids perfectly.. The others just look really baggy and don't look like they're not meant for goats.. They just look sort of sloppy..

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bookmarked the page. Thanks....here's one that I found and was considering making. http://fiascofarm.com/goats/goatsweater.htm#crochetkid

I have a few coats I made that are done with a weather proof outside and lined with fleece. Of course....I embellish them. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Too tired tonight. Celebrated our 6th anniversary. Last year I got 4 goats for my anniversary. This evening our waitress (also my dog groomer) told me about a llama up for adoption. I'm going to go see it tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a llama this year for my anniversary. My husband didn't say yes...but he also didn't say no.

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
Now thats my kind of anniversary! Animals for gifts! I'm easy to shop for like that.. Get me a plant, animal, or money for supplies and I'm a happy camper.. Having said that, for some messed up reason I never get those things for gifts.. This Christmas I'm going to tell everybody I only want gift cards for Lowes or Tractor Supply as my gifts.. My husband did agree that I could get rabbits as my gift from him this year.. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
What kind of rabbits are you going to get???

We were out to dinner with our bookkeeper one evening. Her husband told Mical how lucky he was. His wife only wants diamonds. The sparkle in my life comes from caring for my animals. My husband did tell me this ranching was killing us after nursing a sore back. He told me we should raise a herd of butterflies instead. Ha!

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
I'm getting red new zealands and eventually american chinchillas.. Although the red new zealands are the ones for my Christmas present.. Maybe the american chinchillas will make it here in time to be my bday presents.. lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's sweet! I know you are super excited. The more the merrier!

By the way...my friend gave me a pattern today for a newborn coat that I just looked at. I'll try to explain this the best I can. Wish I had a scanner to share the pattern.

It's from the leg of a pair of sweat pants....so imagine the bottom of the leg where the elastic is ...is the neck.....the pants are cut off at the knee and then tapered to form the back of the coat. A hole is cut for the front legs on each side. Looks so incredibly simple and of course you can make a bunch up quickly and they wash up easily. Also says you can use the sleeves from a sweatshirt and roll the cuff which makes it a turtle neck.

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
I use to use the cheap knitted caps you can buy in the store. I just cut a hole at the top for the head and then two for the front legs. I liked putting bias tape around the edges of the holes. Simple and easy to do. Boy, did they ever keep the babies warm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts