Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
This article was only about the medical devices division, though I'm sure it's probably indicative of a broader culture at the agency.

I have worked for local governments, and non-profits all my life, and I can tell you, the more I live, the more ridiculous bs I see going on in the workplace. And it's getting hard to tell what's worse, the egregious incompetence that employees exhibit so often, or the culture of management that allows it to grow and spread. It's infuriating, as a taxpayer, to go directly to managers and point out where the govt. is being double billed, gouged, etc., and watch the reaction of "oh, well."

I don't know what it's like in the private sector. I hope it's better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That shoulder shrugging, hey what do you want me to do about it attitude is everywhere. People see what is wrong around them everyday, and do nothing.
Apathy seems to be the word of the day. In fact I get the weirdest reactions when I bring it to peoples attention that, hey we can do something to fix this, or get rid of the problem all together. No independent thought allowed around here bub.

It makes me sick. I guess I keep tilting at windmills for as long as I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts