Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter just recieved a check today for her last wreck and got in another wreck this morning! Not her fault again, was on the highway and got whacked by a truck from behind. She called the police, the guy just wanted to "trade information" but she called the them and they came. I had no idea her car looked so bad or I would have went and got her but she drove it home. Now I'm not sure how this works, it was already damaged but the estimates said not the frame. I would think by now the frame is indeed damaged will we get another estimate and subtract what she got from Allstate? We dealing with Traders insurance now which I haven't heard of. She did call our insurance which is USAA and they said they would help her with this, I'm not sure why, on the previous wreck they said they didn't need to be notified.
She is going to need a rental car, should she just go ahead and rent one on her credit card and expect to be reimbursed?
Thanks for any help, I just can't believe all this but am so thankful she wasn't injured.
Here are links to pics of 1st and now 2nd wreck!
wreck #1
wreck #2 wreck #2 wreck #2

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
We were in that situation once ourselves. I am so glad she called the police, to prove it was not her fault. DH believed a guy once when he ran into us (He was going the wrong way at the DQ lane) and he begged DH not to call the police. We ended up later paying for a huge amount on his car when he claimed against us. Our insurance went up....I want a police report from the scene . Protects you.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
The damage doesn't look nearly as bad as my daughter's did when she was stopped at a redlight and a drunk teenager rearended her. Repairs to her car were around $4500. The boy took off when she told him the cops were on their way, but they caught him. She went to the ER and ended up having months of physical therapy for whiplash. She still has problems with her neck and back (doctor said she always would).

I'm glad your daughter insisted on calling the cops. She should be able to rent a car and be reimbursed by the man's insurance company. My daughter had to do this, but she ended up having to get a lawyer as the boy's mother tried to fight the claims. They lost.

If your daughter has ANY neck, shoulder or back pains she should go to the ER or see her doctor. I hope she is okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.