Animal Rights Terrorism Alert!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by deaconjim, Dec 20, 2006.

1. deaconjim

deaconjim Appalachian American Supporter

Pom juice drinkers need to be aware of this:

Animal-rights terrorists say they've contaminated 487 bottles of trendy Pom pomegranate juice sold in stores all along the East Coast, including in outlets of at least two grocery chains that do business in New York City.

People who drink the juices will suffer "diarrhea, vomiting and headaches," the Animal Rights Militia promised in a communique.

But health officials seemed unconcerned - city, state and federal agencies contacted yesterday said they hadn't heard of the threat, and the company that sells the juice suspects a hoax but is checking stores to see if its product has been tampered with.

A spokesman for The Food Emporium, one of the supermarket chains named in the communique, said workers in all the company's stores have been asked to check bottles of Pom.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1220200...terror_strike_nationalnews_bill_sanderson.htm

2. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

That stuff is SO expensive. Yikes!

3. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Did cha' ever taste that stuff. Blech!

4. madness

madness Well-Known Member

I actually like the Pom-blueberry...

I don't really understand the point here. The juice company is killing mice? Maybe they are, but why not go after, say, drug companies that are killing a LOT more animals in tests. How many mice does a small juice company really do away with? Can't be more that Johnson and Johnson or other such firms.

This article explains it a bit more...but still...

http://www.greenisthenewred.com/blog/2006/09/11/pom-green-baiting/

Wait...just found this...you've got to be kidding me...

POM Wonderful has published reports on the benefits of pomegranite juice on brain injuries in mice and erectile disfunction in rabbits. Hmmm...I can come up with a bunch of catchy slogans for the juice that helps with those problems...probably shouldn't print them here though...

5. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

I ADORE poms....Although I don't know I would actually buy the juice though. Those people are such idiots. I think there is a special place in hell for them...

6. pcwerk

pcwerk Well-Known Member Supporter

Probably just made up by The Man to you all SCARED TO DEATH!!
    jim

7. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Funny you should mention this. I say POM on the shelves for the very first time today and wondered who would pay $3.49 for one serving.

Maybe I am missing something here. What does pomegranate juice have to do with animal rights? Do they enslave chimps to pick their pomegranates or something?

donsgal