Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been using bag balm for different things lately. My DH cut his finger pretty bad we used it on that. I have used utter cream to soften skin.

Any one else use animal care products on themselves? If so how?

Tammy

·
Administrator
19,228 Posts
I think my kids are old enough that I can answer without being locked up. I've pretty well used everything in the vet kit on one kid or another but mainly just one (I have a repeat offender when it comes to injuries) at one time or another - including a salve I make for the horses.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Vet kit, first aid kit, it's all the same.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
tambo, we used Bag Balm to treat diaper rash for all our children. The rash would be there one day, and gone the next. Amazing stuff that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
There Is This Stuff Called Corona At The Feed Store It Is To Put On Cow Udders If They Get Raw, We Used It On My Sons Dipper Rash And Was The Best Stuff Cleared It Up Fast, And Hubby Gets Cracks On One Foot Sometimes (he Had It Ran Over When He Was A Kid And They Never Had It Fixed Right So It Rubes One Side Raw In Any Shoes) And I Use It In The Winter On My Hands They Get Dry And Cracked Sometimes. I Love The Stuff.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
firefly81, sounds like Bag Balm and Corona may be one and the same. Yep, just checked. They're both loaded with lanolin.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
I have to hide the Blue Cote from my kids. They say its the best for roadrash. Gets some looks from teachers and health nurses...the funny thing is, I did the same thing myself as a teenager. Blue elbows or knees.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
i also use Vetrinarys Best Hot Spot relief spray - on cuts etc....its just tea tree, aloe vera, and cammomile !!!!!

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
What? You mean not everyone shares med supplies with their critters? And/or has been looked at/diagnosed by their vet? :shrug: :rotfl:

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet; before I whacked off all my hair, it would get stringy and tangle in a heartbeat. I used the horses' Show Sheen as a leave-in conditioner/detangler and it worked great!

On the flip side, I use human shampoo and conditioner on the horses and some human medications and vitamin supplements (prescibed by vet) for my cat.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
I use horse fly spray (made with marigold) for myself and the critters to keep off flies and mosquitoes. It comes in this huge spray bottle and you can cover yourself pretty quickly with it.

·
Premium Member
23,953 Posts
Grandpa had the vet look at/treat my brother's ringworm.

I use baby medicine (gas relief drops) on the rabbits. Bag balm is in the bathroom for our use. Great-grandpa used to use horse liniment all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts