Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Babylock Serger in to the nearest Babylock store to be worked on. It was being sluggish whenever I pushed on the pedal, and the problem wasn't in the pedal. That was checked out in the store. This was last September 12th. I've called them or either dropped into the store to check on it about every week since. I've heard every excuse (lie) in the world. I got the promise from her that I'd have it before Christmas. I didn't get it. Then I called her last week and was told they were moving across the street, where they'd have more room. I'd have it soon. Well, yesterday I was in the area so I tried finding the "new store" since I could never get an answer when I tried calling. I couldn't find where they had moved. I'm madder than an ole wet hen. I'm beginning to think they've done something with the serger. Don't you think 4 months is plenty long to repair a serger?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I'd definitely get a hold of BabyLock and see what they have to say. I'd never leave a machine somewhere for four months, waaaay to long. And now not to be able to find them? I'd try very hard to track them down, and get my machine back fixed or not (hopefully they would make good on the ordeal they've put you through). Good luck, and let us know what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't find a phone number, but I found a place to e-mail Babylock. I just got the e-mail off to them with a long explanation. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Good luck Country Lady. I sure hope they come through for you.

This must be infuriating.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
OMG that's awful! I'm amazed at the quality of dealers that manage to stay in business!

I no longer take my machines in for servicing unless it's something that requires a new bernina part that we can't get without being a dealer, my hubby services my machines now.

·
notenoughtime
540 Posts
That is to bad, I do hope you get it worked out. I just bought a babylock machine and I know I would be really upset if this happen to me. 4 months is to long.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
4 months is WAY too long. Heck, I'd be in their place all the time if more than about 2 weeks (I know, very impractical to really do).

I hope you find your machine all fixed up at NO CHARGE, or get a new one from Baby Lock.

Angie

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm glad I have the Babylock dealer I do....The longest anything has taken is 3 days. They even fixed my really old serger in that kind of time frame before I bought machines from them.

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
Any machine repair for me has only taken a week at the MOST! Including when I had to ship it to the company.

Good luck. I hope Babylock will do the right thing!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I remembered there was another sewing center not too far from the one I was dealing with, and figured they might could tell me something, so I called the owner. She told me where they were moving, but didn't think they had opened yet. She suggested I call them, however, I've been doing that for days and there's no answer. She told me to bring my serger to her and she'd fix it. I have to get it back from the Babylock dealer first!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Don't forget to check with the State you live in...in Wisconsin the Department of Agriculture, Trade, & Consumer Protection handles complaints like this, as well.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought I would give you an update on my serger. Babylock customer service e-mailed back and said the dealer had moved and gave me the address and phone number and said their representative would be contacting her. I kept trying the number and finally got an answer last week. She started stammering and said she'd call me first of the week when it was ready. I said "no", I just want my serger back. Where can I pick it up? Well, she finally admitted she had to find it. They had moved, yada, yada, yada, she'd call me. I finally got her to answer again yesterday. We went through the same conversation. This time I lost my cool. She again said she'd call me whenever she found it. I called again today. I told her "Ok, it's honesty time, where is my serger? I'm tired of the excuses and lies". She finally told me she didn't know where my serger is, that she's continuing to look for it and if she doesn't find it, she'd make it good. Again, she'll call me Monday. I told her if I don't hear from her, she'll be hearing from me. I also told her that I had contacted Babylock. She said "I know you have". I e-mailed Babylock today again and they seem to be very understanding of the situation, and said it has been turned over to the Regional Sales Manager. Now, I'm afraid she'd going to offer me so much off on another serger if I buy it from her, which I will refuse to do. Your thoughts on what you would settle for at this point will be appreciated. (sorry this is so long)

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
She owes you a working serger as good or better than what you put in to be repaired. And I'd maybe pay the amount of a fix, and not more. But then I'd charge her for mileage, phone calls, aggravation etc.

She owes you a good working serger. As good as yours working or better.

Angie

1 - 20 of 51 Posts