Banned
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight (8) health care volunteers were brutally murdered by villagers;
their bodies stuffed into a septic tank. Three (3) had their throats
slit, the rest were stoned to death.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1484933/ebola-murders/

Many believe that those from the 'west' are using the outbreak
as a planned genocide and are actually spreading the disease.

Reactions: Glade Runner

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
How is the disease responsible? Unless Ebola can slit throats and stone people.... I should just know not to open any of your threads because your titles are always purposely misleading.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Can you blame them?

Let's look at it another way.

If you were in a remote town, but knew there was Ebola in your state.
Your area was fine.

Then people from the infected area showed up.. and wouldn't leave.
They keep touching things, trying to talk to you and spraying stuff on your stuff.

I think the people in Africa probably lasted a bit longer than they would in the US.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Eight (8) health care volunteers were brutally murdered by villagers;
their bodies stuffed into a septic tank. Three (3) had their throats
slit, the rest were stoned to death.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1484933/ebola-murders/

Many believe that those from the 'west' are using the outbreak
as a planned genocide and are actually spreading the disease.
It's bloody Africa. That's the way things happen there. To be frank, most people in the West, especially the US, have no clue about how things work there. Very dangerous sticking 3,000 US troops there.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the disease responsible? Unless Ebola can slit throats and stone people.... I should just know not to open any of your threads because your titles are always purposely misleading.
that those workers would still be alive?

The title is true in that there were 'other' victims related to it.

Of course, you could just put your head in the sand.....

We could title the resulting photo of such as:

"HT'er gets sunburned bum
because she's tic'd off at
copperkid3
"

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
It made perfect sense and was appropriate- it's what fear does to civilization and is a serious point. Yes- fear and distrust do things like that.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Can you blame them?

Let's look at it another way.

If you were in a remote town, but knew there was Ebola in your state.
Your area was fine.

Then people from the infected area showed up.. and wouldn't leave.
They keep touching things, trying to talk to you and spraying stuff on your stuff.

I think the people in Africa probably lasted a bit longer than they would in the US.
And you think they did the right thing for their own survival?

·
Banned
292 Posts
I'm not surprised in the least. In the old Tarzan movies the natives would sometimes get lathered into a blood frenzy. The good natives ( the ones that always carried those heavy trunks on their backs ) would warn them 'Bowana not safe, must go' before running off and leaving the Englishmen behind. Then the natives would surround them with spears and take them back to their village.

I always knew it wasn't safe to go there.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
On NPR this morning they mentioned that it was a group of healthcare workers and "senior officials". The "senior officials" managed to get in a car and escape, leaving behind the workers. Not surprising, yet again the wealthy and the powerful escape harm.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
What is going on in the affected parts of Africa absolutely breaks my heart. There is so much potential there for the people to be productive and live independent, happy, healthy lives. It is so sad to see how lack of education, superstition and fear combine to result in actions that not only don't help the situation one bit, but that actively make it worse.

I somehow doubt that the arrival of uniformed US military will set any of the fears to rest that the West is somehow using this ebola outbreak in an attempt to take over. I believe many will interpret their arrival as a significant threat instead of an effort to help.

Here in the US, I know of several families that are so distrustful of the government that they refuse to have their children born in hospitals, get them ssn's, send them to public schools, use any public utilities, etc. They don't get driver's licenses, don't use credit cards, don't do anything that requires a government license or certificate. I can only imagine how they would react if someone from the government told them that they HAD to do a certain thing or react in a certain way to stay safe. They would be just as unlikely to comply as the Africans in the story.

My take is that in order to be trusted, an entity has to have a proven track record of BEING trustworthy. Something our government does not have in all quarters. Something the West doesn't have in Africa. Something the governments in Liberia, Sierra Leone, etc. haven't demonstrated to their populations. And they all wonder why the inhabitants don't trust them.

From an S&EP standpoint, the lesson for me is that groups that don't trust the authorities will be unlikely to respond well to directives from them, even when the message may actually be true and in the individual's best interest. I need to be sure to always consider the merit of the actual message, and not get caught up in prejudice against the messanger.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I agree if you don't have the trust of the people, you won't get them to co-operate. I look a how our government lies about unemployment, inflation, scandal after scandal like fast and furious or the IRS scandal. I look at the banks robbing us by fixing interest rates, fixing markets, and so on. So I am going to be cautious of them when they say things like Ebola isn't air transmissible, or we have a new vaccine we rushed into production.
Then I read stuff like this: http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2...ted-vaccines-mandatory-vaccinations-are-near/ and wonder, how much is conspiracy theory and how much is true. I hate to say it but I don't really trust anyone anymore, our government and medical community included. I can't really blame the Africans especially when you have people like the following publishing stuff like this in the papers:

"Ebola is a genetically modified organism (GMO)," declared Dr. Cyril Broderick, Professor of Plant Pathology, in a front-page story published in the Liberian Observer. [6]

He goes on to explain:

[Horowitz] confirmed the existence of an American Military-Medical-Industry that conducts biological weapons tests under the guise of administering vaccinations to control diseases and improve the health of "black Africans overseas.""found at:
http://www.naturalnews.com/046946_Ebola_outbreak_vaccines_patents.html#ixzz3Dul7F0rS

Now, it's been said this guy is kind of a nut, whether true or not I don't know, but when stuff like this shows up in local papers the Africans are certainly going to be skeptical of outside "help" at the very least, and as we have seen, down right hostile if they believe it.

Then I read stuff like this: http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpr...erosol-transmissibility-of-virus-in-question/
and when they tell us it can't be spread through the air I have doubts. So when governments find locals don't want to co-operate be cause they don't trust them, what do governments expect, the old joke how do you know when a government official is lying? His lips are moving.

·
Registered
679 Posts
At this stage in the epidemic it may be reasonable to assume that most rational people have either fled the country/area or locked themselves in or are at least avoiding going out. That leaves desperate and crazy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts