Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quickly ran out to the pasture to see what the LGD was pitching a fit about. I saw the flock of sheep come running up to the front pasture and I saw "something" out in the back back pasture. That something was scaring the poop out of the flock and it had me concerned, too. Was it a stray dog or a dog from the workmen working on the slubdivision going in behind us? (There would be he!! to pay if THAT was the case.) NO, it was a 4 month old ewe lamb wearing a plastic lawn chair! She had somehow slipped through one of the arm rests and took off with it into the back pasture. It was the funniest thing that I've seen in a long, long time.....

(P.S. She got out of it fine and the chair is still in one piece.)

·
FourCountryGals.com
149 Posts
Oh, that's just too funny!

Sheep do the darndest things when you don't have a camera handy.

We had what we thought was a ewe... silly city-girl farmers, we were. I mean she had horns... shouldn't that have been our first clue that maybe she wasn't Chiquita... but could be "Bruce"?

Anyhow, one day I had a 4-gallon pail with me in the pen. She somehow wrestled it away from me and it got hung up on her horns... talk about a rodeo! The other girls couldn't get away fast enough.

Yes, once she quit horsing around and set the bucket down, she got loose with no damage.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
You might want to put that lawn chair where they can't get at it again... we lost a ewe lamb who managed to strangle herself in one. I never occurred to me that they could be deadly, but apparently so.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's funny! Have you ever seen this crazy sheep with the swing set on YouTube?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMTuvnENPZk[/ame]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts