Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Renegade...
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the Emergency Department at the Veteran’s Hospital being treated for a potentially life threatening bacterial infection .

I just had a knock on my door and my Dr asked me if I was up to having some VIP visitors. I said sure, bring them in…
I wasn’t expecting Senators, News crews and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs!

Lots of questions asked and answered.
I gave him my honest opinion on the current state of the VA and my past experience ( which has been less than ideal). I told him of some issues that I had that needed attention. The Secretary gave me his email address and asked me to keep him updated and informed.
Sleeve Gesture Finger Thumb Gadget

·
The Renegade...
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry to read that you're being treated for a bacterial infection and hope that clears up for you really quickly and you make a full recovery. Take good care of yourself and get well soon.

I'm curious, were the group of VIP's doing rounds visiting other patients and asking for input from them too? Is that a customary practise for them to make visits like that?

Yes, I would imagine that they visited with several other veterans within the facility.
It’s not uncommon for Senators,Congressional Representatives and the Secretary to tour facilities around the nation if they’re on a fact finding mission.

·
The Renegade...
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You out yet ? :)

Probably not, so best wishes to you getting better and out soon.
I’m on parole now, they’ve sent me home and my son is helping me.
I have a couple more weeks of antibiotic therapy, have to schedule for a colonoscopy and possibly some minor surgery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts