An update on the NAIS please....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Shazza, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi all....I need an update on whats happening...I have been to the Stopanimalid website and cant follow it. HAVE YOU MANAGED TO SQUASH IT YET??? if so I need documentation to help in our fight against the NLIS here. Please give me links that you think will help.
    It has started here at our Vets...well not one that I use...a few towns over, a friend took his goat to the vet and was asked for his PIC number (property number)...friend ignored the request then after the consultation he told the Vet that he has just lost a client. The vet then said "but you have to have one" :sing: NO I DONT said the friend.
    I have gone into the archives but some of the links dont work now....anything that I can print out that will be relevant to add to our written documents to pass on to organisations.

Thanks all.

2. dare2b

dare2b crone

I live in Texas and wrote a letter to the governor's office (Rick Perry) and today I got a polite reply which basically said it's a done deal, like it or not, and it's a federal deal so the states have no authority to do anything about it. Typical.

3. dare2b

dare2b crone

Sorry I forgot. Here's a link to Texas Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association:

http://tofga.org

They are deeply involved in the fight against NAIS.

4. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

Have you been reading the forum over there: http://stopanimalid.org/forum/index.php There are updates constantly. No it hasn't been squashed but at least some states have stepped back and are beginning to listen to people a little more.

5. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for that guys.