An Old Timer Here returns

Discussion in 'Goats' started by geminigoats, Sep 18, 2004.

1. geminigoats

geminigoats Well-Known Member

Hello to Everyone,

Its been a very long time since I posted here or even read posts here. Just wanted to stop by and say, "Hello" to everyone and mention that my disappreance was due to being seriously ill and experiencing some really deep personal issues, marital problems at the same time I was sick. It was all I could to stay afloat and work still. I am still not all the way back to good health yet, but hopefully will be on the mend soon. I would give anything to wake up in the morning feeling great again. I guess I took my health for granted and never thought that I would fall to the problems I did. I let something go on for too long, neglected it and woke up one morning a year ago hemmoraging and in the hospital, then the battle came next to survive.

I still have my beloved goats, but am no longer doing the commercial dairy for the time being. I really wish to do that again one day, I miss it, but if I do I can't work full time and do the dairy too. I hope to be able to retire in a few years from work and just homestead and maybe then the dairy. Its been a journey. I have been working here and there on a book as well during this time. It helped me stay connected and I found I wa sable to pour my heart and soul out. Its a long ways from being finished, but its on goats in general and my experiences. I need to get a new e-mail address because during my illness I was too tired to even read e-mails and lost my account. So, if anyone has been trying to get ahold of me thats why.

Take care and I look forward to being here again, I see lots of new names, so I hope to meet ya'll soon.

Bernice

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I wondered what happened to you. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. I'm happy that you you still have your goats. I can't imagine being without my girls.

3. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Welcome back :) I remember your words of wisdom here, and am happy that you will be posting again, and glad you are doing better.

4. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh, Bernice, I'm so glad to see a post from you again, and sorry to hear about all you've been through! Take care of yourself, and post when you can! Remember we're here for you! Jan in Co

5. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Hows my favorite partner in crime! :cool: It is just so good to see you posting again. Get to feeling better. Hope the roller coaster is over for you! Vicki

6. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Hi Bernice, glad you are back. Thanks for your kind note. Let us know your email when you are able. A book; sounds great. We are going to be breeding Aussies but still have our Alpines. They are as fun as ever; we always had that in common. DH wants Nubians as well. We still aren't making cheese but appreciate all the recipes you sent us in the past. So glad to have you posting again. Take care of yourself.

7. geminigoats

geminigoats Well-Known Member

Good Mornin' Everyone,

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Please catch me up on how you all ahve been and your goaties when you can, I would love to hear.

Sancraft: Thanks so much, and there were days when I felt like I couldn't manage it all another day. I had to find strenght. I remember one night about a year ago, and this is why I could never ever not have goats. I was feeling really down, sad, crying, blah, blah, and I went out to see the goaties. it was about 9PM or so. My buck Hawk came over to me, I petted him and hugged him, he soon laid down, I curled up nect to him and found myself dozing off, last thing I remember he had curled back his head to rest it near mine. I fell asleep. It seemed he calmed me. After that I knew I could never give up my goaties.

ShyGal: Thanks, I don't know about wisdom, but I sure have been through a lot, experienced a lot too. I really did some growth over the past year and learned some new things about goats, farming and myself.

Jan in CO: Thanks so much, And I'm hopefully here for ya'll too!

Vicki!!!!!!! My favorite partner in crime too!!!! I have often thought about you and hope all is going well for you too. How are you, the kids (2 legged) and grandkids? The goaties, etc? Now I must get another e-mail addy and re sub to all the lists I think are useful! I decided that all those Yahoo goatie groups get a little too political for me, life is about more than just bickering and the put downs that pop up sometimes on those lists. That roller coaster is about done with the ride. I go back to the dr tomorrow and we take it from there. I have to laugh sometimes when i think how my dr put up with me fighting him on the problem and wouldn't let me give up. He is like an ole' country dr but wise and caring.

Narita: You'll be making cheese soon, it will happen for you, sometimes its a slow process and I learned in my disaster that rushing things doesn't work, you have to stick with the plan, don't let the lure of money pull you in if you aren't quite ready for it. I rushed and wasn't quite ready,guess it was because the milk contract was enticing and not a given thing that would always be there. Glad to hear you still have those Alpines :cool: They will always be my favorites. Nubians, hmmmm........got some earplugs ready? LOL:):) :haha:

Its good to be back, I really have missed everyone. I still have up days and down days but its getting better slowly.

I also learned when you reach middle age life can throw you some really wicked curve balls and what you have can be gone in a heartbeat. My marriage went and my health, my dreams, everything. But I woke up last saturday morning and thought, "I'm not going to let my dream of having a small commercial dairy die!" I began to feel more energy after that. My husband and I are working on our relationship. It will never be the same again though. I got blind sided, he turned 40 and decided to jump the fence for a greener pasture. Never expected that coming. We were seperated for a month last year. I also learned that I was too naive when it came to people, trusted too much. Not just my husband, but others as well. So when Vicki or anyone else always says be careful, take heed! Get it in writing and communciation is the key!

Its hard, but I learned I can do this dairy without him when the time comes. He is raising pigs now and cows. He helps me with the goats, but I see he is more into homesteading than into just doing the dairy.

Well, I digressed here, didn't mean to share so much, but the words kinda flowed out, ya know? Hey, ya'll have a great day. I'll stop by again soon.

Bernice