Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am visiting my folks, today.

My Mother tells me that the woman who grew up next door to me can now see! Sort of, anyway, she now sees in geometric shapes!

We were of different ages and we were never close, but I know for a fact that she could only see things like light and sometimes a large shape. She was blind because she was a preemie, and the oxygen they gave her at birth was so strong that her eyesight was permanently damaged.

At any rate, about 5 years ago they gave her an implant to, (as my Mom tells me), to make a connection between her eyes and her brain. She cannot see curves as the technology is not yet there: she sees things as triangles, rectangles, and such. And, it has enabled her to put down her white cane and see the world!

Technology can be wonderful!

·
Conscientious Disrupter
4,246 Posts
I think, if all I could see is triangles and rectangles, id still be hanging onto my cane,
It's all in your perspective, Bill. zong has said, in a kingdom of blind people, the one eyed man is king. True on so many levels.;)

Reactions: Raeven

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanks for some good news. I was amazed when I heard about the cochlear implants. science and medicine can be so amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts