Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
I had the very first Amazon Fire to come out. Great little machine but it had some issues that I'm seeing repeated in my new Amazon Fire HD. The first is the reason I had to buy a new one, the charging. One day it was just completely unable to charge. They sent me a new charger and I troubleshooted a lot. I loved that thing and it's death was horrid! But it did die. Now I'm noticing that the HD has some of the same tempermental charging issues. They no longer supply the old chargers (which were just like phone chargers) they now do the USB chargers exclusively. Even then sometimes I have to wiggle it about before the Fire realizes it's there and starts charging.

So I really love it. I loved the old one and the new one is just as great. Just be aware that that can become an issue.

One other thing I would complain about is they don't fix them, ever. They replace. When I had the screen break on my old one I didn't want to replace it. So my DH looked up how to do it online and replaced the screen himself. No problems.

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
DW has both the fire HD and regular kindle. See used the regular one more than the fire as the battery lasts about 10X longer when just reading.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have had mine for about 18 months not many problems. My 5 year old loves it and I finally figured out how to set it up so he couldn't buy stuff (there were two places you had to have it set up and I had only done one when I called tech support the first time so he could still buy stuff). It does sometimes have issues charging and the first charger had to be replaced but it's the same as my phone so I have a few around now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts