Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time I bought something from Amazon Guitar Hero World Tour for the kids to share the only thing they got besides a new pair of pants each for Christmas.
It came Friday opened it will not work on 2 different playstation 2 consoles sent back to amazon they had a new one here today. We opened it this one is not working either not just on 2 consoles but we went to my sons friends house tried on his nope no go.
Went all the way into town to the Game store to talk to them they put it into the console on floor model nothing, the manager opened a brand new playstation 2 and tried not a darn thing.
So what is up the manager at the store that was kind to help said he had heard of E-bay sending out blank disks, but in no way should I let Amazon try to say that on this 2cd one that was replaced it was our gaming system when it did not work in a total of 5 PlayStation's and one just came out of a box brand new.
I am sending it back Friday for a refund not a exchange. No wonder the new set from Amazon was $40.00 cheaper. They better not give me a hard time because I opened only the disk. how else can you check to see if it will load the game.
My sons friend lent him his guitar Hero 1 and he is playing it right now on our PlayStation and just like our other games works just fine.
Amazon does not have a phone number to talk to a live person? If you know of it please let me know.
So sorry I just had to vent it is hard enough to just be able to get your kids one thing to share and it not work right.
I am just kicking myself in the head even went outside and cried because the one thing that my son really wanted did not work and all so I could save 2 twenty dollar bills of which I bought them the new pants with.
At least my son told me that no do not let them replace again he does not want it any more.

G

·
That's bad. :( I've never had anything but good experiences with amazon for the last 8 years or so that I've been buying from them. It's awful that it had to happen to your little boy.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I would say gift wrap is a waste also...sent something to my mom and decided to pay for the gift wrap since she would probably be home when it came. The 'gift wrap' was a navy blue plastic bag with a bow for something in its own box.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Amazon, like any other retailer, is at the mercy of the supplier...the people who actually create the discs. With any computer disc a retailer runs the risk of some wholesaler shipping out a whole supply of bad/blank disks. Since they can't open each one and test it, they have no control over it until they get complaints. Then they can pull the batch and offer refunds.

I'll bet you find out they're good about it. Since most of the discs that were purchased in the last few weeks were for Christmas presents, they wouldn't KNOW about it until Christmas. Retailer's nightmare and a lot of disappointed kids.

·
Dallas
13,903 Posts
Amazon, does not manufacture disks or books or anything else, they get them from a supplier and sell them, its possible that Amazon got a bad batch of games from the supplier. I doubt you will have a problem returning it as they guarentee satisfaction.
I've been buying from Amazon for a few years now and have never had a problem.

·
joy seeker
1,482 Posts
Aw, hugs to you...disappointment or your kiddos on Christmas morning is hard--especially when you tried so hard to get a 'wow' factor for them.

I'm not going to offer platitudes of what Christmas is really about or how there are others worse off yadayada...you know all of that stuff already!

However, I will say that, hopefully you've many more Christmas mornings--both past and present--to overshadow this disappointment!

I bet Amazon will make good, too.

~~Hugs

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your right I am not going to blame amazon it is not their fault. I am in a way better mood this morning as my son son is in a very good mood even brought me coffee in bed and a present he got me by doing the coke rewards thing.
He would go to the games at school at pick up the trash to get all the lids,he did this with his math teacher who by the way I met in the store one day and she told me that John was her best student has I could see by his grades she is amazed he is in 9th grade and does 12 grade math. That's why he deserved a game that worked.
I hope that your morning has turned out as great as mine,Paula

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
heh. Paula....coffee in bed and a present? That's a cool kid.

although...not sure I'd trade my breakfast pizza....have to think about it ;)

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
One year during the holiday season, dh and I worked @ Amazon.com's distribution center close by. They are excellent about taking returns and a well known for excellent customer service. Just send the return and it will be handled. If you include a note and explain the problem along with your phone #, you might be surprised by their reaction!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts